• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

Air-carrier insurance to double in Aug

TurboS7

Total Time
Air-carrier insurance rates are to double in August both hull and seat insurance. This would totally take the profit out of any type of equation that the carriers would have. The only answer would be to pass this on to the customer who I think will not be willing to pay the extra to travel. At this point going through an airport is something like the old days of trying to travel from East Berlin to west Berlin, something short of a nightmare. I must say the terrorist have brought us to our knees and we did it all by ourselves.

RJones

Rico SWAFO
Total Time
15000+
I believe United is already paying 30 million a day, how much higher can it go?

RJ

chperplt

Total Time
I can't believe there is anyway that UAL is paying 30 million every day for insurance.

boscenter

DC-9 Evangelist
Total Time
--
30 million a day?? I don't buy it.

That's 900 million a month. Assuming they had 1 major accident a month, they'd still have some of that 900 million left over if they pocketed it.

What, 200 million for the plane... another 200 million in settlements... another 200 million just for the hell of it... still doesn't total to 900 million.

The meter is alive...

RJones

Rico SWAFO
Total Time
15000+
Ah, heres the deal. All airlines combined are paying 30 million a day which works out to about 3.5 - 4 million a day.

RJ