• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

EX_CV580FR8Dawg

De Oppresso Liber
Hi All,

I Just got a call from Chuck Roberts at Air Cargo Express wanting to interview me.

I have been laid-off from my former freight job and just waiting for several interviews with regionals. I am gonna take this interview and probably take the job if offered, as it is only a year commitment for FOs.

Any help or insight on how this company is and operates would be greatly appreciated. I guess at this point, beggars cant be choosers.

Last edited:
Good luck bro and leave us some gouge after the interview!

Will do, its on the 27th of sept and Chuck say he wants class to start on the 9th of Oct. btw, from dealing with phonecalls to and from, my first impressions of the staff there is very good.

Well, they operate Lear 23 & 24s. Alil bit faster than the ol' Convairs. Still gonna miss those Convairs although when I get home 2 hours earlier and sleeping instead of trying to stay awake in the 580 I dont think I will miss them as much!

Looks like I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue!

Schedule, or Lack there of

Hey Toad,

I understand that there is a rotation of crews on a board for the schedule. I know at my old job, it was the same. We were on call basically 24/7 until we were released for the weekend unless we were weekend crew as well. What I am wondering is, do the crews on- call have a certain period they are on-call for then they get a rest period and then go back on after that perriod is up? Or is it the 24/7 deal? I know there were supposed to be regs from preventing us from being on call 24/7 but as a Part 125 operator, it was never enforced. Just curious I guess.

None. 24/7 is the norm. When do you start your ride alongs?

Hey Toad,

Well I actually have to go interview first, I have it tomorrow afternoon...... looking forward to seeing the operation. PM me when you get a chance

Any chance of them hiring a C12 pilot with a LR 35 type rating?
j

Hey There J,

Well I just got back from my interview on friday in FWA. As far as specifics, feel free to PM me. I will be finding out if i got the job this coming week. I was asked for references, so I am inclined to think that is a positive indicator. We shall see, I came away having thought it went well. As for CPTs, I dont know what the current situation is, in my case, I was told that they were looking for FOs. I would sure as heck give them a call and fax a resume. The man to ask on this post would be Toad4. I also have the #'s, just PM me if you want them. Good Luck

Latest resources

Back