Air Cargo Express

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
alked to Chuck last week.....

Seemed like a nice guy. However, when he told me the starting pay for a Lear F.O., my jaw dropped. 18K/year......I couldn't even afford to take the job, told him no thanks, and I'm furloughed right now.

I hear ya,

i figure this is what i got to do til i find something with an actual schedule and better pay perhaps. I am sure this will open a few doors for me and I at least owe them for the opportunity that they are giving me with the current state of the industry. A year is not all that bad and who knows, I might stay on longer if i can upgrade. I guess its something to take day-by-day given the fact that I dont have a family to support. I am really looking forward to getting back to flying myself and will approach the opportunity with a lot of enthusiasm.

Good Luck!!!!

Last edited:
Hey Toad,

Got the call from Chuck and I start on the 9th. See ya soon. By the way, I guess Ill be staying in the crew house for a couple weeks til I can find an apartment close by. I hear the Waynedale area or Willow Creek Crossings. Any info beforehand would be appreciated. Also, I was wondering how many hours you averaging/month lately. Thanks and look forward to meeting ya.

Congrats!!

Hey everyone,

thanks for the congrats! Its nice to be finally getting back in the saddle. I will post or pm whatever anybody wants, as far as my experience goes. Thanks again.

You guys looking to go to Air Cargo Express, take this as a warning. Watch your ass!! The owner of the Company Mark Spatz, has had more run ins with the FAA than I can to mention. While I was there he had his ticket pulled for doing an aileron roll on take off out ALB. Nothing like doing that in front of two FAA inspectors.
Recently, they lost a plane near EL PASO, N997TD, which killed both pilots. They've been shut down several times for Duty/Rest issues and other various safety violations. As long as you do know how to say NO and don't fly with Mark, you'll do fine. Just watch it. The FEDS are really watching them. I've been in the freight business for a while, and I know there are some shady operators, but this guy takes the cake. Congrats on your job offer, but good luck on watching your back.

Latest resources

Back