Air Cargo Carriers, Inc.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

airbrush

I'm looking for feedback and opinions on this company, as I'm thinking of applying there as a dispatcher. I posted this on the Dispatchers & Schedulers board, but any input from past or current pilots would also be welcome.

www.aircar.com

Thanks!

Is the 300 hours in your profile correct?

If you have more then there are many other places out there you could apply for. We have an ex-ACC guy at Empire and he was saying he used to be out for 22+ days a month and had to stay at shall we say sub-standard hotels while out. That could be old info but it seems to me there would be better alternatives then that.

What is the attraction to ACC for you?

Ref

Actually, the 300 hours is irrelevent...I'm a fair weather, grass-strips & tailwheels kind of pilot! My professional experience is as a dispatcher. My interest in ACC is mostly that they: A).pay better than the airlines (particularly regionals, where the QOL also stinks for the most part) B).MIGHT be more stable than the passenger business, and C). the location is acceptable for raising my family and doing the things we enjoy. I also tend to like smaller companies, and the majors are always located in some expensive city while their pays scales have plummeted. I've got lots of experience, but that's just like for pilots......you could have 20,000hrs, but you're still a new hire with no vacation and you're junior to kids who aren't even shaving yet. Seniority is a great system as long as you never fall off the wagon....

I used to Dispatch (Flight Follow) for ACC back in the day. I hated it. Only job that I've ever had that I felt like I would never be good at. Management kinda screwed me over at the time, but I won't get into that. When I was there they were dispatching out of a portable buiding and I was working from 3pm to 3am, if I remember right. The pay wasn't all that good either. Of course this was about 8 years ago. Things have probably changed.

On the charter side, that's the way it was. 19 on/9 off.

And the Exel Inn in Denton...anyone who's been there knows what I'm talking about. :puke:

I've heard absolute horror stories about Empire as of late too.

The Exel Inn in Denton..... Man thats crazy you mentioned that. I have actually spend a night there. To bad the story involved is rated far beyond the PG-13 FI.com would let be posted. LOL.

As far as EA goes there are pro's and con's I won't argue that. I try to abide by the rule of thumb that 90% of your enjoyment at your job is your attitude in the first place. So my job is 90% OK. I go to work and get home without a hitch most of the time. I'm pretty easy going and for now the aforementioned sentence is about all I want.

Ref

On the charter side, that's the way it was. 19 on/9 off.

And the Exel Inn in Denton...anyone who's been there knows what I'm talking about. :puke:

I've heard absolute horror stories about Empire as of late too.

We stay in the super 8 in DTO now, and charter schedule is 14 on 7 off

The Exel Inn in Denton..... Man thats crazy you mentioned that. I have actually spend a night there. To bad the story involved is rated far beyond the PG-13 FI.com would let be posted. LOL.

As far as EA goes there are pro's and con's I won't argue that. I try to abide by the rule of thumb that 90% of your enjoyment at your job is your attitude in the first place. So my job is 90% OK. I go to work and get home without a hitch most of the time. I'm pretty easy going and for now the aforementioned sentence is about all I want.

Ref

send me a pm with the R rated version!

Latest resources

Back