• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Flyingdutchman

Just wondering,

Will ac hire aigan soon?? anybody?

Good question, does anybody know if they are responsible for filling their Dash 8s, RJs, and Be1900Ds. I was pondering the thought of throwing my resume up there just to see what happens.

No, Air Canada does not do recruitment for Jazz which operate the aircraft you specified. And yes, Air Canada will be starting a recruitment drive soon. I plan to apply myself.

I have many friends there. An excellent airline with great equipment. Canadian taxes are hell though.

I am a dual US/Canadian citizen. I work for a US carrier and would love to come back to fly for a canadian airline. Anyone know how easy/hard to obtain a Canadian ATP for the job. Or maybe a US one will suffice?

In Canada, only 50% of your second in command time will count as total time towards your ATR or ATP. Two exams, the INRAT, and a MET/NAV.exam count as the ATP written. Much harder than the FAA equivalent, but realistic.

As for hiring Americans, as long as you have the right to live and work in Canada, anything goes.

Good luck, Air Canada is financialy stable, or at least somewhat in an unstable time, and have nice equipment. No labour issues which is also a bonus.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back