• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Air Canada J/S

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have done it twice. You need to get there early to find out where the crew will get off the bus and go do their "briefing." This way you can say hi to the Captain and get a jumpseat pass. The jumpseat passes are carried by the pilots (usually just the CA's) as opposed to in a droor at the gate. Then you fill out the pass and the CA will sign it.

At this point, you check in at the counter outside of security before proceeding to the gate. They should give you a boarding pass. You can't get first class unless coach is full and you can't ride the jumpseat internationally.

You should definitely call and list first. (800)413-1113 ...option 7 I think

I don't really understand what happens if the CA ran out of passes, but it sounds like you can still get on the flight from talking to gate agents. That of course will depend on the agents. Good luck!

Call the # above to list on the flight. You can get a seat request pass from the kiosk then...you've gotta have the confirmation number to enter into the kiosk, though...very important!

Best to get to the gate before the crew to get the paper j/s pass the CAs and some FOs carry around...intercept them as they arrive. I've had one CA not have any, and the gate refused to let me ride w/o one. Luckily, I got a spare from another CA from another flight.

The gate agents have historically been weak on j/s procedures and where your reservation is in their system. It's imperative you have called and listed before, and received a record locater number. You'll usually show up on their list as FD[last name] and that you cannot ride the j/s and need a seat in the back.

If the CA is cool, he'll ask the gate to put you in 1st if there's room. Otherwise, they'll assign you one in the back. That's when I wait 'till everyone has boarded and ask the lead FA on the plane if it's OK to occupy a seat up front. I haven't been denied yet....

Hope this helps. The AC crews have been great about this, but there are one or two that have been a pain. But, I'm sure we have the same types where we fly as well, eh?

Latest resources

Back