Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CelticCitation

Larry Wannabe
We just had one of our summer air attack guys lose his medical. We are now looking for a replacement. Requirements are 1500 PIC, 1200 Fixed Wing, and 200 Catagory and Class (multi-engine)in the last 12 months. Someone with 400 series Cessna and/or AC-50 time is preferred. It is exciting work, and you could make pretty good money for the summer. PM me for details.

Hi there,

I have 1650TT 205Multi ATPL. I have not flown for a year as have been back in Europe. I guess that the 200 is important for insurance, but if not would be interested. I am living in PHX.

Thanking you in advance for any info

Last edited:
Air Attack

Air Attack is flying contract aircraft on fires for the Forest Service or BLM. The term comes from Air Tactical Group Supervisor, which is the government employee who rides in the right seat. He uses FM radios to direct tankers to drop sites (only little ones this year) and coordinates ground operations. The pilot holds the aircraft at an altitude from 500 AGL to several thousand feet while circling the fire, helping out with situational awareness with lots of helicopters and tankers, and keeping the operation safe.

The 200hrs. multi is a government requirement, not insurance. Another requirement is 25 in type. There are many great guys out there that would do a wonderful job, but don't have the 200 multi IN THE LAST 12 MONTHS.

Last edited:
Hey there,

Well I have the 200 multi just not in the last year as been back in Europe doing the JAA conversion. I am guessing the government would not waive that.

If it would be possible is there a way to get the 25hrs of experience.

I know alot of ifs and buts, but just got back to the US and just got married so would be an ideal job.

Thanks for any help you could give.

YaMama said:
Hmm, why do they use a twin for that?

Personally, I'd rather have an engine failure in a single over 467,000 acres of water than forest fire.....

Kev Farrow?? If I remember you were in my Oxford Brush Up Class.... If it's the right one....check your PMs.....

Well count me in for the air attack job. I already have one summer as air attack, and was flying a tanker this summer until last monday.

darn it, only min i do not meet is total time!!! This kind of work sounds like fun. Maybe next summer.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back