• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Air and Sea Show KFLL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It's a definite maybe. You doing a flyby in the Brasilia?

Inverted.

I'm going Saturday. Not hitting the beach this year, though. Last year it was disgustingly crowded and smelly. This year I'll be at the bar!

(It'll still be a good view.)

i'll be down there out on the boat getting my drink and party on!

What size boat? I went with my tiny weenie 16' and a friend went with his 19' and man we were bobbing like corks in a bathtub, it was rough as hell out there and it took at least 15min to get anchored. You need something AT LEAST over 27' to absorb all the waves.

But man the site of an F-15 coming straight at you while skimming the water is a site that no landlocked spectator will ever see! That said, me and the wife got kinda queezy out there and came back early, beating the crowds. Had a memorable time, nonetheless. For a smaller boat, I'd recommend staying in the Intracoastal and watching it from there - good luck on finding space though.

And man is it getting hot down here! :eek:

For those who want to watch, Thunderbirds currently scheduled to fly twice on Friday. It is the best day and we will be running most of the show except the flyins that do not base here for the show.

Are they based out of FLL or OPF this year? For the last two years they moved everything to OPF, my guess is disruptions to FLL traffic.

What size boat? I went with my tiny weenie 16' and a friend went with his 19' and man we were bobbing like corks in a bathtub, it was rough as hell out there and it took at least 15min to get anchored. You need something AT LEAST over 27' to absorb all the waves.

But man the site of an F-15 coming straight at you while skimming the water is a site that no landlocked spectator will ever see! That said, me and the wife got kinda queezy out there and came back early, beating the crowds. Had a memorable time, nonetheless. For a smaller boat, I'd recommend staying in the Intracoastal and watching it from there - good luck on finding space though.

And man is it getting hot down here! :eek:

33ft donzi

Were is the best place to launch a boat from down there? any suggestions? and what time is the best time to get out with out a blood bath at the ramp? thanks

Were is the best place to launch a boat from down there? any suggestions? and what time is the best time to get out with out a blood bath at the ramp? thanks

My fav place, hands down is the Holland park ramp at the end of Johnson st. Hollywood. Secluded, plenty of cheap, shaded parking. And kinda close to the action, just head south. 3 well maintained ramps with lots of traction. Also a great place to head to miami. Personally I'd try to get there round noon - it really depends how much show you can take under the scalding sun. More important is what time you head back - show ends at 4 so it would be reasonable you start heading back round 3:30 to beat the masses.

WORST place is 14th street in Pompano, just like you said, bloodbath. That place sucks ANY day of the year.

Last year I departed from a Deerfield ramp near 10th street but only cause my friend started out there too, but it was quite a ride from there to the action. A little crowded too.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back