Air Ambulance nurse

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

seanoldd

My sister is considering a position as an Air Ambulance nurse in Utah. I know the accident rate is high in this type flying due to the challenging conditions that they operate in. I have several questions.

1) Who makes the go/no go decisions with regards to weather? How much input - if any do the nurses have on that decision?

2) What if a nurse doesn't feel comfortable going because of the weather? Does she have the option of refusing to go, and if she does refuse what are the ramifications of making that decision.

Depends on the operator but the pilot makes the decision in our operation. No commercial pressure to fly. Zero tolerance.

Best for your sister to ask the owner/operator about their policies in advance.

ems longtime

Depends on the operator but the pilot makes the decision in our operation. No commercial pressure to fly. Zero tolerance.

Best for your sister to ask the owner/operator about their policies in advance.

Three to GO.....One to say NO! PIC has the final authority to go but murse's, nurse's and paramedics can opt out and thus flight is not taken.

Anyone can make the no go decision without repercussions, unless you are clearly abusing the rule.

Latest resources

Back