Air Ambulance company out of New Braunfels Texas

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

bdy85

Does anyone have any info on the Air Ambulance company that flies out of New Braunfels Texas? They fly Cheyenne's and Diamond jet's I believe.

Thanks

One of my friends flew for them for a bit, from what he told me, pay was pretty low. Maybe it has changed since, but dont know

Joe McCart is the president of the company, and it's called Air-Medical.

When I interviewed there, they had one very nice Diamond Jet, and one Cheyenne IA. The interview was informal, and I left with a good impression.

They were looking for a long term commitment. I can't remember if there was a training contract, there may have been, but I do remember that 3-5 years was what he was expecting. He was also expecting a lot of growth due to the San Antonio area hospitals, and aquisition of more airframes.

At the time they wanted me to live in New Brunfels within 20-30 minutes of the airport. Most of the Cheyenne flying was local - Del Rio, Laredo, Austin, Houston etc.

Training is done in-house for the Cheyenne, and the pilot I spoke with was very knowledgable.

I interviewed there in October 05.

The website is:
www.air-medical.com

Last edited:
anyone know what the current schedule, pay etc, is for these guys. I saw they were hring recently.

I don't know the exact schedule, in terms of days worked and days off, but when you are scheduled to work, you go on duty for 12 hours and then off duty for 12 hours, so there's no 24/7 on call (like some other air ambulence places)...

bear1 said:
414FLYER, who was your friend? I worked there for awhile. I believe the pay has increased.

His first name starts with a J, but he now works for Customs in LA

Latest resources

Back