Agricultural Aviation

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

bugchaser

New to this board and noticed that there have been several threads in the past regarding ag flying or "crop dusting". I have been a professional aerial applicator for many years and would love to share information with anyone who has an interest in the industry. If you have any questions, post them and I will respond ASAP.:cool:

I am in Texas and work mostly corn and cotton. Have worked rice in the past. This time of year I am not doing any ag flying. Am working on instrument and multi proficiency and flying the boss around in his twin. Will start spraying in Feb or March and work until about the end of Sept. The seat I currently fly will be good for about 500 hrs if all goes as planned. As for hiring some of you, I am not in a position to do that. If I were, I would be trying to trade an ag seat for some multi-turbine time.

One day while on final to Vancouver, B.C. in the RJ I looked out and saw a crop duster flying low and fast and then popping up for a turn. It looked pretty fun. I love the RJ but sometimes while cruising along at 35,000 feet I wish I could fly 5 feet off the deck.

Bugchaser.

How many hours do you fly on average a year? Know anything about cropdusting operators in the NE area NJ/PA?

Just don't answer any questions from guys with names like ALAH-pilot, or air-mohamed.............m-kay.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back