Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Leargear

Ramp check etiquette
Anybody over in this forum been involved with a agent agreement with charter operator for a owner on leaseback to a 135 cert. holder?, and is the bloodbath as bad a I've been hearing it can be......trying to avoid such situation with my boss. thanks.

help me understand this? your boss has a lear and is wanting to make it avaible to a charter broker for hire? and you're afraid he is going to lose his arse.

wrong!

It sounds like he's trying to protect his job security.[/quote

Not quite, just the opposite. If I was I would tell him" yeah go for it, you can make a lot money chartering your plane out". However, after the first few meetings with the cert. holder, I am not sure it is sinking in how much he WONT have a say in the use of his plane. Heck, he hasnt even purchased it yet! I dont know how showing him all the hidden catch alls involved in this that would lead him to maybe to decide against the whole venture, and not even get a plane, is protecting job security.

Why not put it on with EJM? It's my understanding the owners have complete control over when the aircraft flies. But then again, I've only done business with them a few times.

no biggy

I misunderstood your statement.

No problem H.J. s-happens. I kinda misunderstood yours too, cause in reality I guess I am trying to protect my position. I took this job thinking it would be laid back, flying this guy around part 91, in a cool small plane like a PC-12, and the next talk I hear is I will be "sold off " to the 135 cert holder as an agent of the operator! If I wanted to work for 135 again at their beck call, I would have applied directly to work for them. I feel like a free agent being traded to another team, except there is no muli-million dollar contract or signing bonus! Oh well, we are looking at at least 5 mos ramp up to 135 conformity once he picks a plane so I will have time to figure it out. later!

If it helps, we just had to have our crews sign an agent agreement. It has not in any way changed our operation or our relation with our pilots. In essence, the only requirements are that we know where the plane is at all times on 135 flights and that all MX on 91 flights is completed to 135 standards. If you want more info, feel free to PM, but for our operation (29 planes and 60+ pilots) it really only amounted to a rewording of the contract that the owners sign and the addition of a piece of paper that the crews sign.

Read the latest Operational Specification A008 published in March. This will tell you what the Charter operators responsibility is in this situation. They will always have operational control of any aircraft on the certificate no matter who owns the aircraft. The way I read it, even "Part 91" flights for the owner will actually have to be under 135 or at least contolled by the certificate holder. The crews for that aircraft will be on and controlled by the charter certificate. Prior to getting on the certificate during the conformity checks the owner may have to foot the bill for the insurance (commercial insurance to be in place prior to start of 135 certification process) depending on how the agreement is written. Get a good aviation lawyer.

Latest resources

Back