Age limit at Southwest?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

viking737

Anyone know if there is a max age limit to apply?
I am 44 with 18 years of 121 experience. :confused:

Last edited:
Absolutly not!!

No there is no limit. At your age I wouldn't hesitate to apply. There are plenty of people hired who are older than you. Also, there are a lot of retired miltary folks hired by SWA and after 20 years working for my favorite uncle, those folks are normally around your age. Better get that app in quick though, the window closes 1 April!

viking737,

I was 45 years old when I interviewed and will start class next month. I'd say you're approaching your prime :D Best wishes and get your application in quickly.

When I interviewed at SWA in March of 2000, I had a guy interviewing the same day that was 57. I asked him why? and he said that part 121 was the only thing that he hadn't done in his career. He was a corporate Gulfstream pilot. He said he could do the couple of years then go back to the corporate world. Little did I know that by turning down an offer at SWA I would be back in the corporate world before him. Hindsight is definitely 20/20.

Furloughed DAL737FO

Let's hear it for the old farts!

Man I felt pretty young when I interviewed. Now I've been sitting at this dang computer so long here in this pool, that I've probably shrunk an inch (in height), and I know I've gotten a few gray hairs, not to mention a few more wrinkles.:D

When I do finally get the nod for class in the Big D, I just hope they have a Clapper there in my hotel room (if I can find it).

On the bright side, at least we get to ride the hotel van to the training center, so you guys won't get stuck behind me going about 20 mph with my left blinker on.;)

Coop (new generation old fart)

I was 45 years old when I interviewed

so I guess we know who will be carrying the cane around the schoolhouse this time :)

like I have said

before - GIVE ME MY CANE dagnamitt!!!!!!

HO-AHH for the old farts - we RULE!!!!!!

Tred

PS-
For those who need help getting goin' for class in the morning ;

http://www.geritol.com/ :D

Last edited:
Yeah...

Glad to know I'm not the only one in the over 40 yr. old club!!

For the longest time, thought all you poolies were much younger somehow!:D

W8n4swa:cool:

Looks like I will have to bring the Geritol for you guys at class.....

Latest resources

Back