• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Age 65 Rule

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Passed the Senate Commerce Committee (S65) favorably in the form of an amendment. Still in committee on the House side (HR65).

I hope it passes as well...

Berry McCockner said:
you must be a crusty old fart.

It should pass. It is the right thing to do. It is a shame that many experienced and highly professional pilots have been forced into retirement by this arbitrary rule. The raise to 65 is a good first step.

ALPA has been really gutless on this issue and should be ashamed of themselves.

Spiff:cool:

When I'm old and crusty I'll probably feel the same way. But because I'm young, shortsited and ambitious, it only means fewer job openings, longer upgrades, ect. ect. ect...

Let's hope they raise the retirement age for firemen and policemen too. I can't wait for a 62 year old fireman to carry me out of a burning building over his shoulder....yeah, riiiiiight.

Bye Bye--General Lee

bailout said:
itll pass,. THANK G O D..

should see it by this years end.

Wait until the FAA makes the Class 1 requirements stricter. Many won't make it to 60 let alone 65. Or wait until folks feel that even 65 is arbitrary and push for no age limit. There has to be a cut off somewhere. Can't imagine what will happen if someone over 60 keels over in the cockpit. We'll be doing military medicals as a result. 60 may be arbitrary but it has been the rule of the game before we all started flying.

D-Bo

age 65

The change in the works is an administrative order to direct the FAA to adopt ICAO standards as it applies to age. This means age 65 as long as at least 1 flight crew member is less than 65. This way it doesn't require a change in medical requirements IMHO
It should pass. It has some high power backing from ranking members.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back