Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Falconjet

Just kidding!

I just wanted to pull some of the cockroaches out of the woodwork.

A little turnabout for all the House passes FAA Reauthorization Bill threads that the APAAD doooooouchebags keep posting.

Tic Toc, MFs.

FJ

So what happened with the bill? I thought it is was supposed to expire on the Sept. 30. Congress will not be in session again until Oct. 1.

Last edited:
So what happened with the bill? I thought it is was supposed to expire on the Sept. 30. Congress will not be in session again until Oct. 1.

I was under the impression that the bill was worded differently anyhow and will need to go back to the previous body (House?) to be reauthorized.

It has passed both now...only thing stopping it is President Bush's veto pen, which he has promised...only time will tell

It has passed both now...only thing stopping it is President Bush's veto pen, which he has promised...only time will tell

HUH? It is my understanding that the 2 bills that passed were different so now they have to get together and come up with 1 bill that both agree on (good luck) and then vote on that bill to send it to the prez.

Coffee out of my nose....

Thanks FJ, you rat Ba$ard....:D

Legislative Affairs Committee Update

Legislative Affairs Committee Chairman First Officer Keith Champion: Activity yesterday in the U.S. Senate has caused public concern among some members regarding a change to mandatory airline retirement standard. In late day action, Senator Ted Stevens successfully attached an “Age 65” amendment to a Senate version of a transportation appropriations bill. This tactic has been tried many times over the last couple of years and APA has successfully argued that an appropriations bill should not contain authorizing language.
This action alone represents almost no threat to enacting a change to age 60 retirement. First, there is no “companion” language in the House version of this appropriations bill and there appears to be no intent or desire by any members to add similar language. Second, the president has promised to veto this appropriations bill over stated administration budget concerns. The continued legislative threat to a retirement age increase remains the FAA reauthorization bill. We will continue to update you as the status of this bill changes.
Over this upcoming election year, three pilots with ties to our APA membership have declared their intention to run for congressional seats for the U.S. House of Representatives. Their airline industry experience and aviation backgrounds uniquely qualify these individuals to understand issues of importance for APA that are being addressed on Capitol Hill. For your awareness and consideration, the three candidates are:
Paul Rancatore – An AA 737 Captain based in Miami and USAFR Lt. Col., Paul Rancatore is a Democrat candidate running in Florida’s 15th congressional district. His Web site is paulrancatore.com.
Marc Flagg – A UPS pilot and son of retired AA Captain Wilson “Bud” Flagg, who was killed aboard AA Flight 77 when it struck the Pentagon on Sept. 11, 2001. Marc Flagg is a Democrat candidate running in Florida’s 22nd congressional district. His Web site is flaggforcongress.com.
James Ogonowski – A retired USAFR Lt. Col. and brother of former AA Captain John Ogonowski, who was killed while commanding AA Flight 11 on Sept. 11, 2001. Jim Ogonowski is a Republican candidate running in Massachusett’s 5th Congressional district. His Web site is jimogonowski.com.

Just kidding!

I just wanted to pull some of the cockroaches out of the woodwork.

A little turnabout for all the House passes FAA Reauthorization Bill threads that the APAAD doooooouchebags keep posting.

Tic Toc, MFs.

FJ
even though I feel for these guys (because some have lost their retirement) That was still a pretty funny post

Latest resources

Back