• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Age 65 2007

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Judge Wapner's. Of course then you'd be forced to converse with Doug Lewellyn after the bitter defeat.

I believe Doug Lewellyn has retired. He recognized that he had lost a bit of the edge off his game and hung it up. It's that type of character that has always made Doug Lewellyn an American hero in my book.

PIPE

Last edited:
Doesn't the government allow older people to "catch up" on their retirement/401K? So not only do they want to put more money away because they screwed up their retirement, but now want extra time to do it? It is about the money and piss poor planning.

How will this effect me...I'll get screwed because I will be paying for social security that I won't see, I'll be hit with a huge penalty for retiring at age 60, and I'll be stuck in my current seat due to no movement for the next 5 years since the retirements will slow down. Yeah it is fair for everyone, NOT! Please write to yor congress rep and senators to not allow it.

Compromise solutions regarding the implementation of increasing age 60+ pilots abound and many viable options are possible. The age 65 crowd is not trying to do the right thing concerning discrimination. The age 65 crowd is trying to simply create a windfall for themselves.

APAAD is not concerned about age 65 passing for another four years. Paul Emens needs the near retirement pilots to retire, improve his seniority, and then force the rule change so he can sit on top for another five years.

The age 65 crowd is the most vial, selfish, self serving, discriminator type of pilot possible other than a scab. The age 65 pilot wants what they want regardless of safety, discrimination, or ICAO policy.

The age 65 crowd will not compromise, we must not in support of age 60. Senator Inyofe has introduced the same bill Stevens did last year. The bill has no compromise or fairness in an age extension. Do not compromise the age 60 position the opposition is not willing to negotiate.

So I am assuming that you want to keep age 60 purely for safey and not because it would delay your upgrade time? Otherwise, that would be... how do you say... vial, selfish and self serving wouldn't it?

oh ryan this a pilot board stop dealing in reality. It is only self serving if it is some one else's position.

oh ryan this a pilot board stop dealing in reality. It is only self serving if it is some one else's position.

pilotyip,
My opposition for a change to the rule would be significantly decreased IF the change were incremental, say 6 mos every year, rather than a single leap from 60 to 65. Why are those who want a change unwilling to compromise?

So I am assuming that you want to keep age 60 purely for safey and not because it would delay your upgrade time? Otherwise, that would be... how do you say... vial, selfish and self serving wouldn't it?

I'm sorry, but most of those wanting an 60 rule change are those who are 55+, who benefited their whole careers from this rule and now want to extend their top scale salaries for 5 additional years, at the expense of everyone else (increased LTD and health care costs, decreased profit sharing, diluted wages on future contracts, stagnant movement, etc.) I would call that much more "vial, selfish, and self serving" than wanting the status quo or a phased in rule change.

Heard from one of my sources, very, very high up in Washington, that the rule will remain unchanged. Reasons given: Those greedy SOB's knew the rules going in, they all have four wifes, they all are poor financial planners with six houses and two yachts, they are delaying the upgrades of the truly deserving and at 60 most tend to drool over themselves causing delays due to increased aircraft cleaning. They thank all the posters from FI for bringing these important safety issues to light and request continued input, but only from those under the age of 40, the rest are just scooter driving, walker shuffling morons. Almost forgot, alzheimers sets in at day 60 plus 1.

60 means nothing

Almost forgot, alzheimers sets in at day 60 plus 1. For many it sets in well in advance of age 60

Heard from one of my sources, very, very high up in Washington, that the rule will remain unchanged. Reasons given: Those greedy SOB's knew the rules going in, they all have four wifes, they all are poor financial planners with six houses and two yachts, they are delaying the upgrades of the truly deserving and at 60 most tend to drool over themselves causing delays due to increased aircraft cleaning. They thank all the posters from FI for bringing these important safety issues to light and request continued input, but only from those under the age of 40, the rest are just scooter driving, walker shuffling morons. Almost forgot, alzheimers sets in at day 60 plus 1.

So, judging by your sarcastic logic, perhaps you should also push for a repeal of the age 16 driving rule and age 21 drinking rule to avoid having a double standard. I guess at age 20 and 364 days you're not at all responsible enough to handle alcohol?...hmmm. I don't see these "righteous" rule change people trying to change all age based laws. Hmmm....it's only the one that benefits them financially. Interesting. Maybe they should also fight for all of us to get paid social security right away instead of a set age. That's "age discrimination" isn't it? Oh, I forgot, social security will be bankrupt when my time comes, but it'll be fine for the current retirees.

Latest resources

Back