Africa Flying

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Speed Bird Your Comments are so true

It really is a matter of attitude and education.
I currently work in Lagos and am incharge of flight operations for one of those companies yopu mentioned.
I have been there a few months and can say that for paranoid self centered egotistical Americans. Lagos is the wrong place because Their Attitude does cause them more grief than other expat groups.
The key to survival here is to blend in and make relationships with the locals, they are really good trusting folks who are no different than you or I.
How ever if you are not smart enough to learn the ropes or have an "American Attitude" then you will not last long here.
"IT REALLY IS A MATTER OF ATTITUDE"

Avionco

Will you be flying the Avionco contract with the Hawkers or flying Jetstreams for CFM?
If you are considering flying in the contract world .Do your self a favour
STAY AWAY FROM AVIONCO!!! They have a poor record when it comes to paying!!!!! AVIONCO> RICHWORTH AVIATION> EURO PACIFIC AVIATION.
These are agencies that a prey on in experienced and un suspecting folks.
the money is never there on time and Avionco always changes their T'& C's thats a sign that they have no money!!

BE WARNED!!

There are New CRJ-200 Drivers in Lagos who are just finding this out!

Sorry to hear about your bad experience(s) with Americans Ghetto Buck. However, there are still a lot of we Americans trudging around the jungles of Africa doing our best to change the way we are viewed.

Thank you for the info regarding Avionco. I had applied and was contacted by them. The salary and benefits sounded tremendous, but if you never receive your paycheck it's worthless.

I had applied for a position with CFM, but haven't heard anything as of yet.

Dig the twin otter in your avatar, looks like us going into a couple of strips here in the RDC.

I currently work in Lagos and am incharge of flight operations for one of those companies yopu mentioned.
I have been there a few months and can say that for paranoid self centered egotistical Americans. Lagos is the wrong place because Their Attitude does cause them more grief than other expat groups.
The key to survival here is to blend in and make relationships with the locals, they are really good trusting folks who are no different than you or I.
How ever if you are not smart enough to learn the ropes or have an "American Attitude" then you will not last long here.
"IT REALLY IS A MATTER OF ATTITUDE"

Those pesky Americans also provide more food and medicine to Africa than any other. And by the way, I've flown with scores of non-citizens here in the U.S. and many are gratefull for the opportunity but some bitch and complain and make no attempt to fit in. It works both ways.

Those pesky Americans also provide more food and medicine to Africa than any other. And by the way, I've flown with scores of non-citizens here in the U.S. and many are gratefull for the opportunity but some bitch and complain and make no attempt to fit in. It works both ways.

See its precisely that attitude i'm speaking about. Do your self a favour mate if you want to fight then go to Iraq, maybe you can do some good there.
But if you want to make a meaningful change to this perception that is barring "Good Americans" from being taken seriously then.
Change your Attitude. That change starts with everyone who travel to a foriegn land.
Including me.

GB

What kind of times are competitive for jobs in Africa, and what types of jobs are they? Airline, freight, exec? A little of all?

Latest resources

Back