• Friendliest aviation community on the web
Here's what I have noted...

Gander ATC (709) 651-5328
Gander Supervisor (709) 651-5203 or 5207 * not for position reports

Shanwick ATC 011 353 61 368 678
Shanwick Short Code 425 002

Santa Maria ATC 011 351 296 886 299
Santa Maria Short Code 426 305

Crap, sorry I forgot about that .. to busy worring about ADSs, MAUs, MCDUs, Combiners and the such. Looks like the guy above me had the answers ...

TransMach

The AFIS I used, 150 miles after coast out we would get a message on the fms stating AFIS not available. We would not get it back till after we were talking to Shanwick on VHF.

FO4life said:
The AFIS I used, 150 miles after coast out we would get a message on the fms stating AFIS not available. We would not get it back till after we were talking to Shanwick on VHF.

Turn on the satellite.

Honeywell had the CPDLC turned on for a few operators of G550 aircraft but it had some bugs ( :eek: who'da thought? ). They are working on a fix and should have it done by Cert Zulu... ;)

I'm kinda/sorta working on a training program for my department for when it is activated. I'm guessing that when the bugs are fixed, we will have both CPDLC and ADS-B dumped on us for the users worldwide and we'll have to come up to speed quickly.

BTW, for the airlines, it's WONDERFUL! Just set and forget...well, almost. :) TC

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back