Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Beechnut

Ndugu's Foster Dad
So the way I see it, United has two huge strikes against them that are on the same level as Eastern's problems. The reps of the pilot group want to stop the only part of the company making money. i.e. United Express Regional Jets. The reps of the mechanics are ready to shut the company down for a pay raise at a time when the company is loosing more money than ever. The result:

ALL the United pilots on the street.
ALL the United F.A.'s on the street.
ALL the United mechanics on the street.
ALL the support staff that keep the company running. (ramp, fuel, dispatch and management)
A large proportion of ACA people on the street.
A large proportion of SkyWest people on the street.
The end of Air Wisconsin.

Can someone tell me what the light at the end of the tunnel is?
What hope does United really have of surviving the next couple years?

Don't you dare tell me UAL is too big to close.

S.

Union's the answer

It sounds as if someone may have figured out that union's are not the answer to ALL problems. Sometimes some give-and-take needs to take place on the employee side and not just management side.

After all look what union's did to the steel mills though out the great lakes and PA.

And well I'm being put down and bashed by 3/4 of this site. I wish all the airline pilots and wanabe airline pilots that thought corporite was for the guys who couldn't hack it would stop looking for jobs in the corp. world; I've got kids to feed also and I've done it all this time flying "little guys."

Hey leardvr count me in the other 1/4. Just thought you may need some back up after the Union Thugs read your comments.

Timing

Sometimes in life, the timing does not exactly work out./

Think of the American Airlines reps who decided they did not want to just take the, I believe, Delta deal plus 1% just prior to the 11th.

This is one of them. It is the gamblers theme song. You have to know when to hold em and know when to fold em. The timing is unfortunate but it is what it is and for United's unions to get tough here is going to be counter productive. This is especially true in light of the fact that the United pilot deal would have been extremely hard on the company except in the very best of times.

Latest resources

Back