Affected by Stop-Loss after 9/11

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FNG320

Just some info for those ex military who where affected by Stop-Loss after 9/11.

If you were, there is a progarm authorized by congress to pay you $500 per months for each month you were affected by Stop-Loss. Details can be obtained at:

www.defense.gov/stoploss

Each services will handle applications separately. However you only have until 21Oct2010 to proivde the necessary documents and apply for this compensation (it started last year!). The military has done a crap job of telling those affected since less than one third of those affected have applied for this payment. The average amount due is $3500 per person. I suggest that if you were subjected to Stop-Loss you need to apply ASAP. I am posting this here so that maximum number of former military are informed!

Good Luck!

FNG

Thank you FNG,

I found three guys that didn't know about stop loss pay. They are all very thankful. Not one of them said the government made an attempt to notify.

From the Air Force Personnel Website:

FAQs

"15. Does a master list of eligible personnel exist?

Answer:
No such list exists for active-duty personnel. During a server changeover at the Air Force Personnel Center in 2004, much of this information was lost. The Air Reserve Personnel Center does have a list of eligible Reserve members."

I was stop lossed for about a year, never contacted about the Stop Loss compensation program. Read about it in USA Today one day. However, have been contacted numerous times to come back to Active Duty to fly remote controlled airplanes (UAVS).

FAQs

"15. Does a master list of eligible personnel exist?

Answer: No such list exists for active-duty personnel. During a server changeover at the Air Force Personnel Center in 2004, much of this information was lost. The Air Reserve Personnel Center does have a list of eligible Reserve members."

I was stop lossed for about a year, never contacted about the Stop Loss compensation program. Read about it in USA Today one day. However, have been contacted numerous times to come back to Active Duty to fly remote controlled airplanes (UAVS).

Exactly. The military knows everyone who seperated or retired during the period 2001/2002/2003. If they were to just get this list of name from the VA or the DFAS they could then at least ask this group if they are eligible. Hell, if the DAV can get my name (knowing I retired/separated), you would think the DOD could do so also. If they just contacted those who retired in 2001/2002/2003 they would most likely locate/contact 80-90% of those that are due money.

Personally is looks like the DOD is planning on "Well, if they don't contact us, we can spend the money where we want to".

Just my opinion.......

FNG

30 days left! If you were affected by stop-loss, don't lose thousands of dollars in money owed to you!

Good luck

FNG

Latest resources

Back