AF Drill Instructors rip leaders, fear recruits

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Traderd

http://www.military.com/daily-news/...-fear-recruits.html?comp=1198882887570&rank=1

A survey of basic-training instructors conducted during the worst sex scandal in Air Force history revealed a sharp distrust of senior commanders at Joint Base San Antonio-Lackland and a widespread fear of recruits. "I am terrified I'm going to have my career ended by a trainee that drops a comment because I hurt his feelings or they just don't like me," one instructor wrote in the survey."

"They talked of stressful working conditions and declining standards that had made training too easy, with recruits even saying they expected to have a harder time."

So what exactly would constitute a "harder time" to an Air Force recruit; paper plates instead of fine china? :laugh:

But seriously they need to get these guys ready for the real world. They'll all be flying 121 in a few short years!

http://www.military.com/daily-news/...-fear-recruits.html?comp=1198882887570&rank=1

A survey of basic-training instructors conducted during the worst sex scandal in Air Force history revealed a sharp distrust of senior commanders at Joint Base San Antonio-Lackland and a widespread fear of recruits. "I am terrified I'm going to have my career ended by a trainee that drops a comment because I hurt his feelings or they just don't like me," one instructor wrote in the survey."

"They talked of stressful working conditions and declining standards that had made training too easy, with recruits even saying they expected to have a harder time."

So what exactly would constitute a "harder time" to an Air Force recruit; paper plates instead of fine china? :laugh:

But seriously they need to get these guys ready for the real world. They'll all be flying 121 in a few short years!

I hear they're thinking of eliminating the sommelier at the dining facility and the

concierge at the recruit hotel. :D

I hear they're thinking of eliminating the sommelier at the dining facility and the

concierge at the recruit hotel. :D

No concierge!! The horrors! I heard they're going to switch their rooms to basic cable... maid service will be maintained but no more HBO.

How are these guys going to learn the 121 way of life with no concierge experience?

Welcome the the living he|| that will be the millenial generation as they come to power. A more butthurt, entitled, whiny, narcissistic group is hard to find.

And yes, there is nothing the cowardly millenials like more than a good old witch hunt for ideological heretics.

It's everywhere - the workplace, colleges, and apparently the military too.

A nation of incapable momma's-boys, everywhere we look. We are sitting ducks for eventual economic and possible military takeover in the future.

The era of producing a bunch of pussies started when the UPT "dollar ride" dollar bills became restricted to "rated G"! Oh, this kindler gentler military.......downward spiral turned into an uncontrollable spin!

The era of producing a bunch of pussies started when the UPT "dollar ride" dollar bills became restricted to "rated G"! Oh, this kindler gentler military.......downward spiral turned into an uncontrollable spin!

Unfortunately, it started far prior to that.

Oh man my UPT $ ride bill was pure filth. I'm sure I would have been arrested for even suggesting such a thing these days.

Remember it is NOT a cockpit, but a Crew Resource Staging Area.

My Marine DI at AOCS did not care if he hurt anyone's feelings. He even called us names starting with the "F" letter and refered to us as a female body part. I cannot even imagine going to the Marine above him to complain about him being mean to us. He was WWII vet of the landings on Tarawa.

I'm glad I'm long out of the Air Force but I seriously fear for the future of a free America. From the current CinC on down, it seems "self-esteem," "tolerance," and political correctness have taken the place of Duty, Honor and Country.

Latest resources

Back