• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AF Depth Perception Test

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
On a similar note, has anyone taking a color vison test recently? I guess they've got new panels now where there are no numbers. They show you a couple and if you don't say that you don't see the numbers, it's a failure. I, like an idiot, guessed on two of them. Of course, there were no numbers. Old civilian lady was almost gleeful when she informed that I had failed both tests. (Info note: If you don't like people, or pilots, don't volunteer to work at the base hospital) When I asked to see the book, she acted like I was going to try to stuff them in my sock and walk out. At any rate, she went and told the optometrist, who came in and spoke to me for a sec, signed off my test as good to go, and sent me on my way. I was still confused, and a little nervous, about why I failed until I talked to my brother, who had the same thing happen to him on his annual physical a couple weeks prior. He's the one who told me about the non-existent numbers. Could've used the info!

Is this Depth Perception Test going to be included with my DoDMERB? Or is it saved for the pilot-select studs?

A guy we hired rushed through the test at Brooks and failed it. They refured to retest him. He has seen numerous eye docs and redone the AF tests numerous times. All passing and the docs say there is nothing wrong with him. he just screwed up at Brooks due to nervousness. Brooks wont touch him. He is having to go to a congressman to get it fixed. Still don't know.

Moral of the story: Take your time! Give your eyes time to adjust. Slow the F*&$ down. And now the gouge: It's always 2, 3, or 4 A group is easiest, F group is hardest. You need to pass A-D.

Good luck.

you can BUY the freaking test online people. the floating circle test has not changed in 30 years

(to my knowledge)

do a self-test first. Since you are a concerned taxpayer, why waste the Air Force's money if you will fail the test anyway? Check first.

Do what is right for your country.

eye test

71k...

Actually, you have to pass B-D. There are two versions of the test. A is the same on both. One version the first line in B is 3, other test is 4. From then on, you can pretty much read it out from memory.

Aviator7576

Do you know that difference between a "Brown-noser" and a "sh*t-head"?

Depth-perception!:laugh:

Latest resources

Back