Aeroflight out of Seattle

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

flyingid

Wondering if anyone knows anything about Aeroflight out of Seattle. Good, Bad, Pay, Schedules,and so on. Thanks

Last edited:
Spooky 1 said:
You gota be kidding. Are you looking for a job, or a ride to Magadan?

Hey, I used to work at Madigan! I've given a few rides there...in the ambulance.

I don't know that much about Aeroflight. Used to work at AirPac a couple of years ago. One of the best jobs I ever had. I'm wondering why I ever quit. I know that the small cargo guys might be trimming flying back because there is less bank work. I've never heard much bad about Areoflight though. It would probably be great experience for you.

This info is from about 5 years ago...I was hired but left for another job before actually flying there.

Back then I believe pay was about 90-100 per day. They had some pretty beat up 402s and one Seneca. Most of the runs had you leaving at around 7am, you'd make a stop or two and hang out all day and get back to BFI in the evening. You had the weekends off. The chief pilot at the time(Eggers) seemed like a good guy to me. You can build some great multi exprience there and move on. Not sure how much this helps you.

I heard this secondhand earlier this year, but the new pilots are usually on reserve and don't fly very often. A friend of mine was only flying every other day and maybe getting around 10 hours a week. Not really the timebuilding job unless you want to stay in the Seattle area.

Plus Mike Hill (the owner) is a toad?....The help at the front desk is usually ready to roll....lol

I got hired on at the end of September. There's 3 base Seattle, Portland and Boise. Everyone that got hired on seems to want Seattle. However I wanted Portland, which I got. My route Monday - Friday, leave out of Portland at 7am. Leave out of Spokane at 6:30pm. I do what ever i want in Spokane which is great. When you first get hired on don't expect a route like this, since it's a senior route and I just got lucky. As far as the trainning, 2 -3 days of indoc. I got 1 flight in the Seneca and the next day was my checkride. Very fast pace trainning. If you up on your instrument skills, you shouldn't have any problems. Pay is $85 per full route. Overall, it's a great company, I really enjoy it here. I think Aeroflight is still in the process of hiring. Go to their website and fill out an application. I got a call 4 days after I filled one out. Message me if you have any other questions.

Last edited:
flytheblue said:
I heard this secondhand earlier this year, but the new pilots are usually on reserve and don't fly very often. A friend of mine was only flying every other day and maybe getting around 10 hours a week. Not really the timebuilding job unless you want to stay in the Seattle area.

This is not true... When i got hired on, they want me to fly asap, even when i was finish up with my last 2 weeks as a CFI. When i get finish teaching (during the day) i would fly night at Aeroflight. I told them I wanted Portland for my base, and when i finish up my 2 weeks on my last job I was on my way down to portland with a route. That's how it's been for the new hires.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back