• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AeroCare?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Which one? A number of ambulance operators go by that name.

One such operation has airplanes in ABQ and PHX. They offered me a captain position, which I turned down. The pay wasn't stellar, but okay. The schedule changed depending on to whom I spoke.

My two chief concerns with them were that the company is primarily run by nurses, and the operation is run on someone else's certificate. The people with whom I spoke were coordial, professional, and well qualified. They emphasize patient care as a top priority. They don't hold an operating certificate, however, and are running their airplane on another cert.

The combination of non-aviation personnel making decisions and a distant aviation operator also making decisions, with two masters and the non-aviation ones making the call, was enough for me. Been there before, and while it might have been a good job, I gave it a pass.

If you're talking about a different Aerocare, of course, I have no idea.

Sorry, I did not realize there are several by that name. I was referring to the Aerocare based in Aurora, IL. I think they have a base in AZ also, maybe someplace else too. -Thanks.

I have a couple friends currently working for AeroCare. One is based out of Aurora flying KingAirs & a Pilatus. I haven't spoken to him in awhile, but I think it's going well for him. My other friend is based out of IND flying King Airs. I spoke to him a couple weeks ago and he is liking it. For whatever reason, winter are the busier months for them. He is pretty much on call 24/7 though so can't really plan anything in advance. Pay is descent, first year FO in ball park of low 30's I believe.

Latest resources

Back