Aero Flight BFI - Info Please

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Bryan D

I have a good friend that is looking at flying cargo for Aero Flight at Boeing Field.
I've done a search here but the info was two years old. Could someone give me some updated info on this company please.

You can forget about all of the bad rumors that you hear about this place. I have been here less than a year and got hired at QX. THIS IS NOT A CAREER JOB!!! The owner knows that, the management knows that, and all of the pilots know that.
As for the owner, he is a great guy, and as long as I do my job, I never hear a word from him (Even the times that I have screwed up). The people that screw this guy over may have a different story. The contract is a 9 month VERBAL...If you bail before this time...don't expect it to be on good terms. ITS ONLY 9 MONTHS!!! and the value of the time that you gain is invaluable. If you stay your committment and do your job...you will leave really appreciating the time that you were here.

As for the company....we fly a 172, Senecas, 402's, a 340, a 421, Cheiftains, and a PC-12. Pilots are based in Boise, Portland, and Seattle with Seattle being the most senior. (if you want Seattle...just plan worse case being in either Boise or Portland for a month or two).
We work 5 days a week with weekends off, and the average duty day is 15 hours (2-6 hours of flying with LONG layovers....not hard but just gets boring). The maintainance has improved GREATLY in the past couple of years and all of the aircraft are pretty good (ugly paint and oily...but sound aircraft). Pay is $85 a day...not bad but it can increase depending on the route.

I really have enjoyed my time here...I went from a CFI with $hi* for experience to a freight dawg with 900 hrs multi and a crap load of single pilot IFR, at night, in all weather conditions, over the mountains...really helps the resume. When you get out, you will be a better pilot, and you WILL get a job at any regional you want...small price to pay.

So all of you who can't handle it, those of you who want to work freight the rest of your life, and those of you planning to make a living on freight wages...go away, they don't want you. Just use this for what it is worth, shoot them straight, and they will really help you in your career.

Junior2 said:
You can forget about all of the bad rumors that you hear about this place. I have been here less than a year and got hired at QX. THIS IS NOT A CAREER JOB!!! The owner knows that, the management knows that, and all of the pilots know that.
As for the owner, he is a great guy,...

He's a great guy, "Guy." When I was there, the owner was a good "Guy" (he called everybody that), but the MX sucked.

$85 per day? Ouch. Is there a per diem in addition to that?

Latest resources

Back