Aero Charter and Transport

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

mogley68

Anybody have any new info on Aero Charter and Transport.

Alreay know the pay and runs. Just looking for any new info on MX, Typical hours flown, and any other info would be greatly appreciated.

Anybody have any new info on Aero Charter and Transport.

Alreay know the pay and runs. Just looking for any new info on MX, Typical hours flown, and any other info would be greatly appreciated.

What is the old info that you have concerning MX.

All the planes there are on a 4 phase inspection program, which are done in Albuquerque. Most of the A&Ps have been there for about three years so the airplanes are well maintained. I would say that on average 50 - 60 hours a month for the 402s, a 310 will only fly about half of that. Its a pretty good place to work for both pilots and mechanics.

I had a former co-worker go to work there. Apparently someone stiffed in a call to the FAA and she landed in ABQ at about 0400 with four feds waiting to go through the plane.

Well, they found a bunch of MX stuff and she ended up with a warning letter out of the deal.

I think was about 1.5 years ago.

Also have a current co-worker who washed out of their training. It was a good call on their part. ;)

I had a former co-worker go to work there. Apparently someone stiffed in a call to the FAA and she landed in ABQ at about 0400 with four feds waiting to go through the plane.

Well, they found a bunch of MX stuff and she ended up with a warning letter out of the deal.

I didn't hear that someone called the FAA, but the stuff that they found wasn't due to poor maintenance. There was a nick in one of the prop blades that needed to be blended and the compass mount had broken. the problem was that she spilled her guts and told them that she knew about these issues before she departed. If she had written up the airplane it would have been grounded and fixed before further flight.

I didn't hear that someone called the FAA, but the stuff that they found wasn't due to poor maintenance. There was a nick in one of the prop blades that needed to be blended and the compass mount had broken. the problem was that she spilled her guts and told them that she knew about these issues before she departed. If she had written up the airplane it would have been grounded and fixed before further flight.

I can see that, she wasn't exactly famous for her judgement. Do you happen to know where she is now?

I think that she went to work for Ameriflight flying a BE-99 out of SLC. But it has been a while since I have heard anything else about her.

I used to work there....the maintenance isnt too bad (now), it has definately improved from the past. All kinds of things have gone on in the past though...for awhile they were really on FAA's radar because of numerous tip offs from pilots. Not to mention some of the pilots there ended up getting warning letters for their time sheets. Supposedly one of the chief pilots was not putting in a complete form in their files and the FAA came and did an audit, so the story goes.

I used to work there....the maintenance isnt too bad (now), it has definately improved from the past. All kinds of things have gone on in the past though...for awhile they were really on FAA's radar because of numerous tip offs from pilots. Not to mention some of the pilots there ended up getting warning letters for their time sheets. Supposedly one of the chief pilots was not putting in a complete form in their files and the FAA came and did an audit, so the story goes.

That must of been before 2003. TH is a top notch boss and will do anything he can to help out the guys that work for him. I would recommend this place to anyone looking to build multi pic. There are alot of bad 135 jobs out there but this is one of the better ones I've come across. plus after a year there a bunch of people have gone on to better jet jobs ;)

Latest resources

Back