Aero-camping Nw

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

seattle

Does anybody know of a good place to go aero-camping near the SEA area? I was hoping to stay within the 200 mile range from SEA. I think the local grass strips (i.e. Bandara) are still a bit soggy. I'd be interested in any taxi up, pitch a tent, light a fire, and start BSing, family friendly type place.

Look'n to get out of town for the long weekend. Thanks.

Seattle

Try Copalis Beach in WA, its just north of Hoquiam. You land on the beach(make sure its low tide). You can also try the San Juan Islands. Theres also the Manzanita area in Oregon just south of Astoria. I think the airfield there is Nehalem Bay you can pull off the runway park in the grass and pitch a tent. Walk over the bluff on the west and youre on the beach. Theres lots of great airports along the WA & OR coast.

Hope this helps

Try Electric City (Grand Coulee Airport). I did most of my training in Spokane and it was one of my favorite airports. They have a number of different areas to pitch a tent, and even have a "pilots only beach/campground" across the runway (which is situated right on the Columbia). In addition, they have a crew car (a Chevy Chase type wagon) so you can run to town if the need arises.

Land, set up camp, light a campfire, toss in a line . . . . . aaahhhhh I miss those days.

Good Luck,
FlyWest

Latest resources

Back