Aerial Photography- Insight

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

champilot38

I was hoping to keep myself busy through the fall by taking some aerial photos. I know a few real estate agents that I was going to approach. Im just not sure what people would pay for something like that. I plan to invest in a very nice camera I just want to be sure I am charging the right amount. Any advice would be great.

Don't need a fancy camera. Never flew and tried to take decent pictures at the same time. (pain in the ass). My FBO just charged those guys scenic flight rates per the time they use. They usually waited till they had multiple locations before going up. You working in an upscale or interesting landscape area (coast/mountians/etc)? If there are tons of trees... fugetaboutit/........... gl

Hi, I got your PM regarding aerial photography. I am very busy right now but will send you some answers shortly. In the meantime, take a look at what others in your area charge and then take a look at what your costs are. Get out there and take some photos. Get some business cards made.

Goodluck, I'll get back to you

I charge 300 bucks per site. I give them all the images on a CD. I would not use anything less than a 6mp dslr.
Not going to get rich doing it but I do get up to 5 jobs on one flight sometimes. Some months I get 7 jobs most months none.
Guess It would help to advertise though.

Latest resources

Back