• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

AEPS Virus "NO JOKE"

falcondriver

Total Time
I you get a e-mail from AEPS and it has an attachment that says eager to see you-don't open it , it contains the W32/klez.gen@MM virus.
FD

publisher

Total Time
forward

I sent this information over to them........ I got the email and it was a forward of a message which you would never get from them so beware.

publisher

Total Time
Someone entered the AEPS system and did email a virus. We are pursuing. We rarely send something you ahve to open if at all so beware.

FearlessFreep

Total Time
??????
Whew!

Dodged that one! Saw the mail this morning before I came to this site. Even opened it. Did not see anything in it so thought nothing of it.

After seeing this thread, got a sinking feeling of dispair and stupidity.

Checked my firewall program (Zone Alarm Pro) and it had quarantined the attachment, and kept me from opening it. Now I am thankful for my small investment, made it worth it!

shootr

Total Time
10+
Any computer gurus out there? Got the email from AEPS, downloaded the file, and tried to open it through winzip. Winzip said it didn't recognize it so I deleted it and all associated files (and emptied recycle bin). My Norton is out of date and it didn't pick it up and I can't update my software until Monday (have to call to re-up my software subscription). I have already backed up all my "must-save" files. My computer is working fine but I'm worried about shutting it down until I update my Virus software.

Anybody familiar with this virus? Any help or info appreciated.

That'll be the last AEPS e-mail I look at again! Unbelievable...

shootr

shootr

Total Time
10+
Beware all. AEPS' system is still sending out viruses. Just received another one today (didn't fall for it this time). Don't open any attachments from AEPS unless you really know what they're sending you.

shootr

aero99

just a member, not senior
Total Time
10PM
Go to Norton and get the updates. If you have a computer that is somewhat new, you should get the updates for free.

Last weeK I got close to 50 different virus's from overseas and Notron grabbed them all. Some weeks are better than others.

If you don't get virus protection, don't whine when your computer takes a mind of its own.

wildbill

Total Time
They tried me again today as well. Twice.. My anti-virus software caught it. I don't know what AEPS can do about it, but something needs to change sort of quickly. Keep those anti-virus software programs updated.

publisher

Total Time
attachments

We send out very few if any attachments. Any attachment or forwarded stuff, especially any .exe files should be regarded as a virus and trashed without opening.

shootr

Total Time
10+
Mine was a .zip file with a .mim inside...be careful .exe is not the only way to execute a virus.

MsFan

Extraordinary Member
Total Time
I just wish I could get AEPS to quit sending me e-mail, infected or not.

mattjenna

Total Time
notnuf
Sh*t Norton just tested me positive for the bloody virus-1st one on the new laptop in 5 months.

Hmmmmmmmmmm