• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AE RJ145 Jumpseat

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I would think with all the aircraft you have listed and hours you have flown you would understand what a jump seat is and what it is used for. Then be able to correlate that with the ERJ-145.

Spare me the drama for an innocent question. A 737 cockpit is cramped. A Hawaiian 717 barely has room for a jumpseat. A RJ is smaller than both. Having never been in an RJ, how the hell do I know if there is room for a jumpseat in that small cockpit?

Baronman, thanks again for the answer.

Having never been in an RJ, how the hell do I know if there is room for a jumpseat in that small cockpit?

There isn't enough room. But yes, they put one in anyway. Hopefully it's a short trip for you!

Spare me the drama for an innocent question. A 737 cockpit is cramped. A Hawaiian 717 barely has room for a jumpseat. A RJ is smaller than both. Having never been in an RJ, how the hell do I know if there is room for a jumpseat in that small cockpit?

There isn't really any room for a jumpseat in the 145, but they put one in there anyway. I got back pain from sitting in that damn seat so many times. The biggest problem is where to put your feet, the most relaxing position would be to put them on the thrust levers, but I assume the crew wouldn't be too keen on smelling the latest eau de chaussure. The only time I felt happy to see the seat occupied was when I had a Fed on board, all those times my cruise speed went back to .68 Mach.

Latest resources

Back