Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Wankel7

It's a slippery slope...
So , what is it like 1st year? I heard 11 days off a month on reserve? How many days off a month 2nd , 3rd, 4th year? About how long does it take to hold a line out of DFW?

A DFW base would be great...does it go Junior? Or does that depend on the class's age?

Is AE liberal with unpaid leaves of absences?

The QOL question would be based on living in the DFW base.

Thanks!

All reserve lines are 11 days off for the month, Lines usually range from 11-18 days off. AE is not approving any LOA at this time to my knowledge. Bases are assigned by age. First day of class they will tell you what bases and equipment are open and the oldest picks first. I am not sure how senior lines go down in DFW, but in ORD 5-6 months of reserve is the going rate.

All reserve lines are 11 days off for the month, Lines usually range from 11-18 days off. AE is not approving any LOA at this time to my knowledge. Bases are assigned by age. First day of class they will tell you what bases and equipment are open and the oldest picks first. I am not sure how senior lines go down in DFW, but in ORD 5-6 months of reserve is the going rate.

Thank you !

I was 7 months to a hard line in DFW. it's a bit less now I think.

Things are still moving pretty fast, bit will probably slow a bit soon.

Depends what it is for. They can't deny Military leave of absence or FMLA.

No Company can not deny those leaves of absence or be liberal with them, as they are all governed by federal law. I think he was talking about voluntary leaves. I think the odds of you winning the lottery and being able to quit are about the same as getting a personal leave approved any time in the next year.

Well they just put a TDY bid for 4 LGA FOs to go to JFK for July. As long as you get the EMJ in training you should be able to get JFK pretty quickly.

Latest resources

Back