• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Advise on C182 highperformance sign-off

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Good point Iceman... can't say I have ever come across a 182 with a 300hp engine in it. Seen lots of other conversions though.

Obviously you would have to consult the engine manufacturer about the actual numbers, but you could go with the "pilot's rules of thumb" book...

Take the hp of the engine and divide by 2 and then divide by 10. that would come up with 15 gal/hr for your case, Alaska. That actually works pretty well for the singles i have spent time in. Of course this is just a rough gauge to get an grasp on things, but not for actual flights.

Thanks fellas, little pricy on the fuel part, but still way cheaper than I would be paying for one up North!

Its located at Martin Field, school is called "Fly by the Numbers". The city is College Place, which is basically Walla Walla, WA. Nice little uncontrolled farm airport, great fun!

If you need a signoff from a flight instructor to act as PIC of a high performance aircraft it would seem to follow that loging it as the PIC would only happen after that signoff has occured (after the flight). As was the case when my instructor signed me off.

You may not BE the PIC because you don't have the endorsement but you can log PIC because you are rated in the aircraft and are the sole manipulator of the controls.

Take care!

KnowledgeSeeker said:
If you need a signoff from a flight instructor to act as PIC of a high performance aircraft it would seem to follow that logging it as the PIC would only happen after that signoff has occurred (after the flight).
Only for those who have difficulty with the idea that "acting as PIC" and "logging PIC time" are completely different concepts and are subject to completely different rules.

==============================
Rule 1: If you are a recreational, private or commercial pilot, you may log PIC any time you are the sole manipulator of the controls of an aircraft you are rated for.

"Rated" means the category and class (and type, if a type rating is necessary for the aircraft) that is listed on the back of your pilot certificate. Nothing else matters. Not instrument ratings. Not endorsements for high performance, complex, tailwheel aircraft. Not medical currency. Not flight reviews. Not night currency. Nothing.
==============================

Acting As PIC = duty, authority, responsibility
Logging PIC Time = putting numbers in columns on a piece of paper
Different purposes, different concepts, different rules.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back