Advice on Brown please!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

easydoesit

Just wondering what it really takes to get on with UPS. I have 8000 hours plus, 1500 121 PIC and 6000 jet time. I know a few UPS pilots from years past and my wife just met one of the chiefs. Can anyone answer how to find out when the hiring windows open?

Please no flaming, I'm just trying to get some good info. Thanks in advance for any good help...

Well the part about your wife meeting one of the chiefs just screams......flame me!!!

You're very competative. Now you just need a little luck getting chosen for an interview. It's my understanding that a computer spits out names to be called -- it's not the 'good ole' boys club like down in MEM.

The latest rumors suggest that the company will hire from the pool this year if the DHL deal is signed. And hiring will pick up next year to cover new aircraft and a jump in the number of vacations. Good luck, you've done everything you can do.

After the computer picks your name, you then have to pass the online "psych eval" before being invited to interview. After having an application there for so long, it was surprising to me how quickly I was out of the game because of that damn test!

Sorry to hear that. Any details as to what the test consists of ?

PHXFLYR

google "MMPI" and see what turns up. I don't remember the exact questions since it was over a year ago, but there was some crazy stuff like "would you rather kill your mother or father" (example only). Also, some threads here from last year have some info.

Latest resources

Back