Advice needed

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Varig

Guys, I need to make a decision soon so I would like to see your point of view on this.
I am currently an F/O with 3500TT and 1000hrs A320 time and no 121 PIC, flying in South America. With all of the caos that is happening here now and has happened in the last few months, I can't stand to live here anymore and I would like to fly at home again(US). Should I come back to the states and fly for a regional or should I stay here a little longer and try to wait for the majors or are there other options that I might have overlooked?

Thanks in advance.

I'd guess that even though your TT isn't super high and you have no 121 PIC, you'd still be marketable with your airbus time. What you really need to ask yourself is where do you want to be? If you have the ability/opportunity to bypass this segment of the industry, it wouldn't be a bad move.

with that kind of time, you should apply to the majors directly....try Jetblue, they are hiring a lot right now. If you come to the regionals, you will end up taking a pay cut....majors should be your goal...even without much 121 PIC time, your time on type will help you a lot....I sent you a PM...let me know what you think....I just need some A320 time....planning to go overseas...

USA 3000?

Skyservice (Canada)?

Ryan International?

If nothing else, you could probably get hired at a fractional...

I'd guess that even though your TT isn't super high and you have no 121 PIC, you'd still be marketable with your airbus time. What you really need to ask yourself is where do you want to be? If you have the ability/opportunity to bypass this segment of the industry, it wouldn't be a bad move.

Doesn't most majors require 121 PIC time? If I stayed here I would have to wait till I upgraded to captain and then get the 121 PIC before going back. That could take another five years or so and I am not sure if I can stay here that long.

Doesn't most majors require 121 PIC time? If I stayed here I would have to wait till I upgraded to captain and then get the 121 PIC before going back. That could take another five years or so and I am not sure if I can stay here that long.

Check these out, can't hurt to throw your name in the hat....

http://www.continental.com/web/en-U...lot.aspx?SID=3D56B8621CE54E7A8B1E9B3C68655E0B

http://www.delta.com/about_delta/career_opportunities/pilot_qualifications/index.jsp

Virgin America is hiring also. They fly Airbus

The only one that I know of that requires 121 PIC specifically is AirTran...but 121 PIC makes one more competitive for any major job, I would say.

Latest resources

Back