advice much needed

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

billboeing

Here are my options: possibly go to asa and make 20.00 per hour with a little stability, custom air transport and 40.00 + with a possibly upgrade in the b727 gaining some jet pic; and paying 15000 upfront for training. I know hwat your going to say. But you get your money back within 18mo. which is set in an escrow account. Say bring it on.

paying 15000 upfront for training.

I don't think any job would be worth "paying" for especially at your level and after you have worked this hard to get to where you are present day. To me it is the "principal" involved that would make this a very easy choice for me to make IF I was in your position.

My vote goes to ASA flying a CRJ. ( company PAID training )

3 5 0

If it were my choice I would hit the CRJ. 727 jet time is nice but its old school JT8D turbojet and if it has an F.E. station its on the way out the door. Save your money, even though you get it back and fly the RJ. More computing power and experience would be more valuable in the future as the aviation market is steering tword CRT screens, Autoland, Fadac, etc......727 is just an antique. You know what they say about the three holer. "its a safe plane. climbs like a safe, and lands like a safe."

I agree with 350DRIVER! ASA is the route I would take. With as much experience as you have paying for any type of training doesn't make sense to me either. Plus there's a lot going on at the Delta Connection these days!

Good Luck:)

Refunded P-F-T

Take the ASA job. Aside from not knowing for sure that you won't be scammed from the $15K, why should you pay for a job in the first place? You are more than qualfied for dozens of places. You should be hired on your quals alone, at many companies. And, why not ASA? I would have liked to work at ASA. ASA is a decent company and eventually you will get jet PIC.

Don't give in to companies who prey on pilots' desparation. Don't P-F-T.

I just had a friend finish an internship with ASA. They are a great company from all that I have heard and the Glass experience you will get in the CRJ is what more and more airlines are going to want to see. They are a growing company and captain's pay is very well. Save the 15,000 and fly the CRJ.

Take the bigger a/c. Things being equal it will make you stand out just alittle more .Wil be lots apps with RJ time when things get back to normal..If they ever do.:cool:

Dont pay for training! Its the priciple of the matter. We need to stop these low paying jobs, let alone pay for training.

Well, here we go again . . . .

Yes, indeed, it is the principle of the matter, notwithstanding all the other issues that have been addressed ad infinitum, ad nauseum in other discussions.

Congrats and good luck at ASA!

Do a little research on Custom, and I'm pretty sure you'll see the answer. Even if the money is there in 18 months, you might not be. They have quite a reputation. I've not worked there myself, and have not even considered it, even on the worst days of unemployment desparation.

I'm trying to avoid bashing Custom, reporting only the facts as I know them. ASA folks seem pretty happy, get time off, and treated with respect. I've got an app in there right now, and would gladly take their pay vs. Captain's pay at Custom. Custom has hired captains of the street, and I imagine will continue to do so. Factor that into your upgrade hopes. Regarding time in bigger type, I'd say big deal. Time under 121, and "quality time", glass time, and jet time are more important than size.

Good Luck

Latest resources

Back