advice from XJ's management

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

xjhawk

while in recurrent ground school, we got the usual crap talk from spanjiers and CAPTAIN "flying eddie" D. Spanjeirs was nice enough to not care about reminding us that he did not care that he wanted to put all the FO's and flight attendants in poverty, but he also thought it acceptable that all the Fo's who did not want to accept that kind of pay to leave. "life choices" he called it. I know i will not be around if i have to make sub 24 a year.

The best was when Captain Ed gave us some advice about reading checklists. When he was a line pilot way back, when they did not like what their management was doing, they read out of the long version in the POM for every checklist. Iam not saying i have ever seen this done, but that sure looks like the safest way to apraoch a checklist in these trying times. Especially when we will have scab mechanics working on our planes shortly. We all need to stick together on this fight if we are able to pay our bills.

Oh, this message is to you Capt EDDIE, how much allowance do you give your scab go jet son to live and pay his bills? did you pay his education bills? When you said you had to accept pay cuts and sell houses in the past, i am sure you saw a light at the end of the tunnel. I do not see the "majors" being my light at the end of the tunnel like you did. I see masaba as my only source of light right now, so iam not thinking i can live on thirty grand a year when iam a 10 year FO here.....i cannot afford a house now.....so i cannot downgrade houses like you did years ago....you SOB

Don't worry, you will be furloughed by the end of spring. XJ will give you a year off, before they beg you to come back. Seriously 49 Saabs only, 17% paycut, what are they smoking.

The question is Why does anyone stay when Jinglepants and Talkin Ed come in?

If guest speaker(s) or actual names are not on the training syllabus, leave. Their presence is not part of my training process. I'm there to review systems, memory items, etc. They can't make us stay. Otherwise they can talk to Jane Schraft.

What was the total number furloughed? I'm not trying to flame here, but if they are talking about this huge fleet reduction, where is the huge furlough notice? And most contracts say there needs to be 30 days notice. Not wishing a furlough on anyone, but where is their proof of these large reductions in capacity?

redflyer I think you might have spent to long at FL410, dude, try every new hire of 2005, minus a few who were hired in very early Jan. are going to be furloughed, I think it's over 100.

Yep... it's sitting at Jan 24th, 2005... I'm sure that's changed alittle bit with people getting hired other places... But somewhere around the 120 pilots to be furloughed...

man, you guys have been the regional that i have allways wanted to work at. im from msp. im so pissed at this sh|t (not as much as you guys) but what the f\/ck, i read that sh|t in alpa mag and they propose a 10grand a year for new hires?!?!? FRY THOSE BASTARDS!!!

oiltycoon said:
The question is Why does anyone stay when Jinglepants and Talkin Ed come in?

If guest speaker(s) or actual names are not on the training syllabus, leave. Their presence is not part of my training process. I'm there to review systems, memory items, etc. They can't make us stay. Otherwise they can talk to Jane Schraft.

Perfect advice - Everyone should get up and leave. After all, If you have no confidence, what are you staying in the room for? A hope at a door prize drawing?

Everyone remember the "silent treatment" that starting during RGS after enough was enough in late 2003?

What the h*ll does 410 have to do with anything, A19? My question is straight forward. There are 120 some furloughs, but the company says they are going to lose half their planes and at the same time, they are trying to ram some 17% pay cut down the pilots' throats. I'm just saying it doesn't add up. If all these planes are supposed to "be returned", then where is the furlough notice? It would have to be close to half the pilot group. Sounds like smoke and mirrors. Like I said, I wish no one is furloughed.

Latest resources

Back