• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Advice for the Flex newbee?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
did you ever think that maybe people don't want to send in a card, maybe that is why they went to flex jet.

No, I think that everyone should send their card in so that their voice can be heard on the matter one way or the other. I've thought it through. It sounds like you haven't.

No, I think that everyone should send their card in so that their voice can be heard on the matter one way or the other. I've thought it through. It sounds like you haven't.

I've thought it through just as much as you have. And just as it is your choice to send it in, it's my choice not to. As far as the newbes, let them make up their own mind. STOP TELLING THEM THEY NEED TO SEND IT IN.

No sir, you haven't thought it through as you've equated sending the card in with voting in the union. That may well happen, but the fact of the matter is when and if a vote is called the newbies, who can make up their own mind, will actually get to vote for what they want rather than accept the status quo as you and a few others insist they should. I want to give them the freedom to vote. You want to control what I do. Funny isn't it.

btw, pat your kid on the head and relax steve.

The best advice I can give you is to get your limitations and emergency procedures from your lead instructor as soon as possible. Then, study all of that as well as sitting in the paper tiger and going over flows starting with day 2. If you get your limitations, EP's and flows down by the time you start your sim, you will be fine. What fleet are you going to be in?

This is good advice from CL300Pilot since you'll be going to the training center on day 2. There are at least 3 paper tigers in the building. The first week will consist of paying attention in class and that's it. So use 1 hour after class to study the memory items and limitations while sitting in the paper tiger. The memory items are easier when you have switches/buttons to look at. Repetition is king.

If you need the material for the Lear 45, send me a PM.

Welcome to Flexjet!

Last edited:
Ah, back to the original thread.......

Go to www.smartcockpit.com and print out at least the limitations pages for your aircraft. I had all those memorized before I got there, and it really helped. If the plane is a big upgrade for you, start working on the systems - electric, hydraulics, flight controls. If you have never flown Part 135, read it. Boring yes, but important info.

Don't worry about the pro union guys. They are quite vocal here, but much quieter when the anonmity is taken away. Personally, I don't think a union is necessary, but I think this is a fair forum for the discussion to take place. There is room for you in the company either way.

First day at the Idearc, get a ride to Wal Mart and stock up on your favorite soda, snack food, etc. You might want some frozen meals to heat up. Breakfast at the hotel is good - dinner SUCKS! I mostly ate my big meal at lunch at the Simuflite Cafe, and a lighter dinner. The shuttle will take you out to eat if you want.

Hope Gerald teaches your basic indoc stuff - he actually kept us all awake! See you down the road.....

Is a Chicago base for Flex in the works?

no bases are "in the works" officially.

ORD has been talked about for years and years, proven to be cheaper, yet still they say no.

At this point in the game, do you really not know what to prepare for at a new job?? good grief people. Every job you go to; memory items and limitations, blah blah blah.

Would you like me to go to class with you and hold your hand and take notes for you? Just kidding. Just trying to keep this real folks. I mean, grow up a little here and have some common sense. do you really not know that you should hit the paper tiger a few times and probably should look at memory items?? DUH. Come on people. Skydan you act like cl300pilot is some kind of genius with his suggestions. It's kind of like going for a driving test and asking if you should practice driving first?? DUH

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back