Advice for first break?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
DesertFalcon,

You need to get on the phone right now! Call Executive Jet management in Cincinnati, Ohio. The phone number is 513-871 2004 or 2005, I think.

They operate Citations and Falcon 50s on a "float" schedule. I think they'll fly you to the airplane no matter where you live anymore. They love high time guys, no matter if you have any jet time. A lot of old Army types, so they don't really appreciate jet time.

When I was there, it had some kinks to work out, but I understand it is getting better. You can search this forum for a little info.

If I can help any more, please let me know.

JayDub

JayDub said:
DesertFalcon,

You need to get on the phone right now! Call Executive Jet management in Cincinnati, Ohio. The phone number is 513-871 2004 or 2005, I think.

They operate Citations and Falcon 50s on a "float" schedule. I think they'll fly you to the airplane no matter where you live anymore. They love high time guys, no matter if you have any jet time. A lot of old Army types, so they don't really appreciate jet time.

When I was there, it had some kinks to work out, but I understand it is getting better. You can search this forum for a little info.

If I can help any more, please let me know.

JayDub

JayDub;

Thank you very much for the information concerning EJM.
What was the lifestyle at EJM when you worked there?

Did you live where you worked?

I understand that EJM is not directly part of Executive Jet.

I read somewhere that EJM is owned, or run by a different company?

What is the starting salary range?

Thanks again.

DesertFalcon:)

DesertFalcon,

I lived in base in Cincy. I joined the company at a completely different time, before we had the program to back-up the Columbus operation. I did end up on the Falcon 50 float, but it was back when they had a 6-on, 4-off sked. That was rough. It is now a 7 and 7 op. When I was there, I think Citation F.O.s started at @ 27000/yr. which was a lot more than when I started. As far as accurate numbers, call the company, they will be able to tell you right away.

EJM used to be owned by a small faction of the owners of EJA. This changed when Buffett bought the company. Berkshire-Hathaway, or whatever it is called, owns all of EJA and EJM, but maybe Gulfstream owns a portion of EJI. I am not sure. I do know things changed for the better when BH bought them. Pay, benefits, etc.

EJM has a bunch of different missions. It is really hard pin-point anything as far as lifestyle, etc. goes. Here's my 2 cents:
If you want a job other than what you are doing right now (which it sounds like is the case), then you need to be prepared for the next hiring boon. IMHO, that means getting some jet time. It is by no means required, but any edge is worth pursuing. EJM is a great place to get that time, and to learn about the whole corporate/charter world. If you go in there to have a career, you might be disappointed. If you go in there to use them, like they use you, you'll keep things in better perspective. Then, if you find a deal you just can't leave (which does happen, especially if you are willing to move), things are all the better for you.

Sorry I can't help more than this. I think you have nothing to lose. I have no idea if they are hiring or not, but they usually are. The upgrade, especially if you have 3500TT is usally rather quick, as well.

JayDub

JayDub;

Very Good....Thanks for taking time to answer my questions.
I will investigate further.

I wish you good things.

DesertFalcon

Latest resources

Back