Advice for a new student

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Go man go...

Get your PPL at a FBO where you can accomplish a maximum of learning at a reasonable price. Then, take what you know and go to a 141 school where they will get your knowledge where it should be. Once your there you must eat, sleep, and live AVIATION. Don’t go on vacation. Don’t take a break. Put the throttle in and GO. Try to be as goal oriented as possible. Step by step. The faster you go, the less you spend. You must remember it’s your money. If your not progressing, make a change. Get a new instructor, backseat on other student’s flights, dry time, and STUDY! I used to call my instructor at home when I was stuck.

Multi time is key, but if you’re at a good school, it’ll come when they hire you as a MEI. If the multi time is more important than spending money, do your training in the twin. I was very limited with money. My progression was SEL, Inst, CSEL, CFI, CFII, CMEL, MEI. It worked great for me. My CFI was 2 months after my CSEL and my MEI was 1 month after my CMEL.

A lot of young guys get confused at the 141 pilot mills. They think its college. It’s not even close. If you want that experience, go to a real 4-year college where there are more women.

You gotta have fun. But don’t loose site of your goals.

350DRIVER said:
you must be atleast 17 years of age, 17 there young one.....:D
3 5 0
I would HIGHLY recommend that he get his PPL at age 16 and solo at 14. You're forgetting that you can do that in gliders.

Other than that, just find a good instructor and go for it. Remember, it's the instructor not the school or aircraft type that makes all of the difference. The fanciest high $$$ flight school with the newest airplanes can't compensate for a mediocre instructor.

Lead Sled

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back