Advertising

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Hugh Johnson

This is from my "I wonder" list. With all the money problems airlines are claiming to have, I wonder why we don't see advertising on the planes. I go to Luton and its like a NASCAR event the way the planes have advertising painted on the outside.

I wonder why we don't see advertising on the planes.

You do see it in places. Alaska has 2 737s with Disneyland paint jobs and one painted like a king (chinook) salmon to advertise Alaska seafood . Half a million of *your* tax dollars bought this airborne billboard. Who says pork is a lost art?

I asked this very question to an advertising expert (wife) and the response was," Normal people don't look at airplanes with enough interest to actually see the ads."

Unless you paint an airplane to look like a killer whale the ads will be missed. Also it's tougher to track how sucessful the ads are verses radio, TV, ect.

If your company had only so much advertising dollars per year where do you think it would reach the most people?

Personally I like seeing funny ads on planes. Santa Claus splattered on the nose of a 737 comes to mind.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back