Adjust age 60+ pilot pay scales

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

RollinOnMy22sYo

Once age 65 passes and upgrades slow way down, the FO pay scales should be increased to compensate for the years added to upgrade time.

Each MEC could do the math, and figure out how much each FO would have lost as a %, and increas the FO pay accordingly.

That figure is then paid for by reduced pay rates for any Captain choosing to stay past 60.

Anything else would be a financial windfall for the 60+ers at the expense of the FOs.

Discuss, discuss.........

Good luck with that!!! Most MECs are senior-centric and they certainly listen to the senior crowd because they make the most noise. Then the greedy old ba$tards will claim discimination if there were any downward adjustment in rates. Apparently, your upgrade is not a right, them keeping their job is because their retirement problems are everyone's problem.

I've said it before...

Just put all the over 60 guys in the right seat. Solves the - only one over 60 guy in the front seats. The old guys get to keep working and the young guys get to upgrade.

Goose17

Just put all the over 60 guys in the right seat. Solves the - only one over 60 guy in the front seats. The old guys get to keep working and the young guys get to upgrade.

Goose17

If I could trade my 8.5 years of furlough for that it would appear to be a fair deal. Goose, how about we put you on furlough for only six years! do we have a deal?:beer:

Unfortunately if it passes all that is mentioned above is illegal.It's been covered somewhere on this site before.

I believe APA is going to try to raise the percentage of CA pay for FO's in the upcoming contract. Now, FO's at 12 years get 68% of CA pay. TC

Theoretical question

How many F/Os would bid Captain or upgrade to a widebody if there were no attached pay increase and other QOL items were a wash? Not that this has ever been suggested, of course, but my opinion is that most would eventually do so anyway.

At JAL, a pilot can stay to 63, but captains must be under 60. The guys who stay, downgrade to FO.

I'm not saying it's right or wrong. I'm just throwing it out there for a thought.

Latest resources

Back