Additional Thoughts Regarding ASA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
SSDD said:
While I disagree with about 99% of what D'Angelo has to say, you can't come to a public forum and reasonably expect that only those who agree with you will respond.

Don't you guys have a private ASA pilot forum?

asacrew.com

bailout said:
If you are overblock premium does you no good.

Except that you can go to work, fly 78 hours, go home and get paid for 88. Thats like getting ten free hours to me. Two sides to every coin.

You may duty out a few minutes early, but why not fly slowly and put the hours in the logbook. I'd rather be in the air than on the ATL ramp!

Redan said:
We are constantly seeing comments from this D'Angelo and a few others of his ilk on threads pertaining to ASA.

I hope no one takes any comments from D'Angelo seriously. Nothing he posts will have any effect on ASA negotiations, the most flame baiters like D'Angelo can hope for is to make your blood pressure rise. He's just a lonely soul in cyber space hoping for a little attention. In the big scheme of things his posts are about as significant to ASA negotiations as a squirt of sardine pi$$ is to MSL. Important to him and the sardine, but insignificant to the level of the sea.

FDJ2 said:
I hope no one takes any comments from D'Angelo seriously. Nothing he posts will have any effect on ASA negotiations, the most flame baiters like D'Angelo can hope for is to make your blood pressure rise. He's just a lonely soul in cyber space hoping for a little attention. In the big scheme of things his posts are about as significant to ASA negotiations as a squirt of sardine pi$$ is to MSL. Important to him and the sardine, but insignificant to the level of the sea.

Will I have an effect on ASA negotiations? Nope however it is funny to watch airline "unity" come crumbling down. Unions were too hardcore for too long. They simply stopped listening to the membership and peopel are starting to tune them out. It also gets old hearing preachy ASA whining about how we at comair owed them the world. What happened at comair will not have one effect on your contract. Your MEC is also too cowardly to put EVERY offer to vote. It will be interesting to see if guys save their careers or try and goto the unemployment line screaming YAH WE REALLY SHOWED THEM HOOAH! See you at the polls, if your union has the balls to let you vote that is.

outtahere said:
If you are overblock premium does you no good.

WRONG!!!!! Try to understand this concept. Lets say you have a line that is blocked to 80 hours. That's 5 hours OVER guarantee, right? Lets also say that you fly EVERY leg of the month, so there is no CNX pay involved. Lets also say that you fly EVERY leg underblock, and you end up with 10 hours of premium and 70 hours of actual block. Your check will not be the original 80 hours, it will be 85 hours, because that premium is paid on top of guarantee. That's an extra 5 hours of pay for that month. Please try to understand the concept of how it works before you try to tell people that it doesn't do any good if you are overblock.

D'Angelo said:
Your MEC is also too cowardly to put EVERY offer to vote. It will be interesting to see if guys save their careers or try and goto the unemployment line screaming YAH WE REALLY SHOWED THEM HOOAH! See you at the polls, if your union has the balls to let you vote that is.

What in the hell are you talking about? Did you just hit the crack pipe or something? We DO have membership ratification on property and our MEC hasn't even had anything to vote on yet! When they reach a TA, it WILL be put to vote... that's been in our MEC PPM for several years now... dumbass. Keep shooting your mouth off!

Correct. While we're at it, maybe people should stop referring to Underblock Pay as "Premium." Simply, we're paid: (1) Underblock Pay, (2) On Block Pay, or (3) Overblock Pay for each leg. "Premium" only means "bonus" or "extra."

FOs often ask, "Are you going for premium or overblock?" I'd say overblock certainly is a form of premium.

atrdriver said:
WRONG!!!!! Try to understand this concept. Lets say you have a line that is blocked to 80 hours. That's 5 hours OVER guarantee, right? Lets also say that you fly EVERY leg of the month, so there is no CNX pay involved. Lets also say that you fly EVERY leg underblock, and you end up with 10 hours of premium and 70 hours of actual block. Your check will not be the original 80 hours, it will be 85 hours, because that premium is paid on top of guarantee. That's an extra 5 hours of pay for that month. Please try to understand the concept of how it works before you try to tell people that it doesn't do any good if you are overblock.

ASA said:
Correct. While we're at it, maybe people should stop referring to Underblock Pay as "Premium." Simply, we're paid: (1) Underblock Pay, (2) On Block Pay, or (3) Overblock Pay for each leg. "Premium" only means "bonus" or "extra."

FOs often ask, "Are you going for premium or overblock?" I'd say overblock certainly is a form of premium.

Technically, Premium pay is when you get extended or junior manned at time and a half.

Underblock is what we're talking about, but pilots refer to it as "premium".

:cool:Nicely said Redan, I for one am going to ignore his posts, he is truely BAIT!!

ATR, you are right about the premium pay! Needs to stay or get dutyrig! We shall see what happens next!

Latest resources

Back