Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FracCapt

Clown punchers, unite!
I saw a post that somebody stated there are kits out there to add ANR to standard headsets...but I couldn't find any..anybody know where such kits could be found? I have a DC H20-10(about 10 years old) I'd love to make ANR. I don't use it enough to justify buying a new ANR headset(maybe 2-3 times a month, max).

Supposedly adding ANR to existing headsets is not a great option, since electronics, cup shape, etc need to be built specifically for ANR. A good passive headset does not make a good ANR headset, and vice versa.

Try Lightspeed QFR X-country headsets, ANR for around $200

The above posted link is a distributor of the products made by http://www.headsetsinc.com Compare prices between these dealers. Look at the anr module price, auto-shutoff battery pack etc. I put them in an old DC10-20 and they work fine. I tape a 6AA battery holder onto the 9v battery pack so I'm not swapping 9v batteries every 15hrs. The noisier the environment, the more any anr headset will have to work, reducing battery life.

The anr modules are not difficult to install. If you have basic wiring and soldering skills, you should finish in 1-2 hrs.

LightSpeeds are inexpensive, work fairly well (I'm told), but are fragile. Search this forum for comments on anr, LightSpeeds and other brands of anr products.

Last edited:
five-alive said:
Supposedly adding ANR to existing headsets is not a great option, since electronics, cup shape, etc need to be built specifically for ANR. A good passive headset does not make a good ANR headset, and vice versa.

Try Lightspeed QFR X-country headsets, ANR for around $200

Considering that the kit is $169, the lighspeed set might be a good idea.

It's a little cheaper at aircraft spruce:

http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/avpages/retrofit_kit.php

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back