• NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.
  • Logbook Pro for Apple iOS version 8.1 is now available on the App Store. Major update including signature endorsements and dark/light theme support. Click here to install now.

Adding A Single-Engine to a 135 Certificate

ShyFlyGuy

Major Member
Total Time
Gentlemen,

A friend of mine is looking to add a Cirrus to an existing 135 certificate that only has a Senica on it at the moment.

What are the considerations that we need to address aside from insurance? I seem to recall added requirements for a single-engine aircraft on a 135 certificate.

Thanks in advance,

Shy

100-1/2

OVER-N-DUN!
Total Time
lifer
135.163(f)

TheInsider

Total Time
Gentlemen,

A friend of mine is looking to add a Cirrus to an existing 135 certificate that only has a Senica on it at the moment.

What are the considerations that we need to address aside from insurance? I seem to recall added requirements for a single-engine aircraft on a 135 certificate.

Thanks in advance,

Shy

You need:
a) A training program and a 135 ride.
b) Aircraft conformity check.
c) MEL
d) OpSpec for SEL

Last edited:

brokeflyer

Total Time
You need:
a) A training program and a 135 ride.
b) Aircraft conformity check.
c) MEL
d) OpSpec for SEL

in other words to have a multi-plane multi-pilot operations it's gonna be a lotta paper work. It's easier to dump the twin and put the single on.