• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Added validity for FedEx/DHL rumor?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
>Either they need to fix the problems to get packages to move through the system or there will be nothing left from any of us.<

Quite right Shooter. I've said many times, the problems are not with either airline, but with the sort/ground delivery network. You can't have a superior product running part time employees all over the place. You can't get them to care about it. This combined with a high turnover rate due to inferior pay and benefits has decimated the system. The question is, have the Germans waited too late, or not? I don't think we're going to have to wait much longer to find out. If they don't take some sort of signifigant action in May, we'd better fire up the printer.

Nothing's changed, really. The problems at DHL that led to them having to seek out an alliance with Fedex in the first place are still there.

Some people in the business are speculating that Fedex will let DHL stew in it's own juices for awhile, and that after DHL has lost another billion or two, Fedex be back, offering less favorable terms.

I have to agree. If there aren't major changes made, Fedex won't have to do anything to have an "alliance" with DHL, they will just sit there and watch the demise then sweep up the pieces.

Guess that excludes you Jim. Don't you have a wall to paint or some carpet to install?
One of the problems that DP has had is that their $hit rolls downhill, touching every element of an operation. Of course, whether one picks up that $hit, plays with it, then throws it at somebody else is a matter of choice.

I guess some people just like the "feel" of it.

Since this isn't a thread about "carpets" or "paint" but about DHL, why don't you tell us about that letter in your file? You know, the one you got after your comments to your F/O last year?

She could have had your job, you know...

why don't you tell us about that letter in your file? You know, the one you got after your comments to your F/O last year?

That's a new one on me, and I can assure you there are no letters in my file.

I like many others are just tired of you pretending to be an Astar pilot Jim. You hope to see the demise of this airline so you can justify your several firings from the company.

So why don't you tell us why the FAA lifted all your licenses?

That's a new one on me, and I can assure you there are no letters in my file.

I like many others are just tired of you pretending to be an Astar pilot Jim. You hope to see the demise of this airline so you can justify your several firings from the company.

So why don't you tell us why the FAA lifted all your licenses?
Why don't YOU tell ME? You're the official, self-appointed, Astar Gossip B1tch. If we want to know about anything or anybody, we just ask you. And if we don't ask you, you tell us anyway. I guess that's the nice thing about being a captain, nobody can tell you to STFU. Not that you would...

I guess it's true - Internet+Anonymity=Instant A$$hole.

BTW...since you're the "expert" on everything and everybody, would you mind citing your sources? "Heard it from the guy in the dickie" and "pulled it fresh from my own a$$ just 5 minutes ago" isn't good enough. If you weren't "there" and you didn't talk to "me" then where are you getting your info?

You're an embarrassment to the true professionals of the Astar pilot group.

Hey, you two sound like squabbling children, but I gotta ask...several firings? How the h-e-double hockey sticks did you manage that?

Hey, you two sound like squabbling children, but I gotta ask...several firings? How the h-e-double hockey sticks did you manage that?

Heck, that's nothing. At UPS there is a recently retired captain that UPS tried to fire 16 times!

Latest resources

Back