• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Add EOS to the list...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The financing terms were already done, but the investors pulled the plug? Man, I really feel bad for the employees. They put on a good show and were the most hospitable crews to our people.

Good luck, ladies and gentlemen.

That's too bad a really great airline. Seems like airlines are taking a big hit with the credit crunch as well as fuel.

I say by 2012 there will be 3 major carriers, 2 LCC's, 2 maybe 3 cargo carriers, and 4 regionals and that's it.

Half the pilot's flying for a US carrier today will be doing something else whether it's flying VLJ's or out of the business altogether.

Good luck to you all.

I heard that EOS had given preferential interviews to Maxjet pilots when they shut down. Geeez! I wonder if any of those guys/gals got hired and now have to face job loss all over again.

I say by 2012 there will be 3 major carriers, 2 LCC's, 2 maybe 3 cargo carriers, and 4 regionals and that's it.

Half the pilot's flying for a US carrier today will be doing something else whether it's flying VLJ's or out of the business altogether.

Good luck to you all.

The sky is falling! The sky is falling!
:rolleyes:

I heard that EOS had given preferential interviews to Maxjet pilots when they shut down. Geeez! I wonder if any of those guys/gals got hired and now have to face job loss all over again.

Yes, four pilots went w/EOS, so it's definatly Ground Hog Day for them I'm sure, except now the job market is even worse.

LCC's are struggling, Biz Class operators not making it, Majors in the tank, SWA, Allegiant, etc probably in the red this quarter...I don't see a business model that's going to survive this oil carnage, especially with access to credit markets being cutoff like this. Even charter operators are seeing deals crater due to fuel.

Last edited:
I wonder what their breakeven load factor had to be with only 48 seats on a 757 (even at their prices)? That would be too high with oil prices at current levels.

I am betting that the French version (L'Avion) out of EWR to Paris Orly will be next. It only operates 2 757s.

Latest resources

Back