• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ACY call sign at ASA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Cause it was our original call sign, and the Candler call sign Sucks.

Because ACEY has some class, and CANDLER sucks, and sounds like about 3 or 4 others.

it's gonna be interesting to see how long it takes atc to get pissed off at all the missed calls..........acey ###......acey ####, center........Candler ####...."go ahead"...hehe

I never liked Candler...I remember hearing "can opener", "chandaleer", "Canter", and my favorite, "the airline formely known as ACEY" when we first did the change over.

rausda27 said:
Anyone know why we are going back to the ACEY call sign instead of Candler on March 15th?

The SJS backpackin' crowd is gonna love this kewl call sign. I bet the number of resumes ASA gets over this is gonna sky rocket. Wow ACEY! Neat.

WHO THE HELL CARES?

Personally, I think Meat Bucket would be a better fit, or even Meat Wheel. I like those. Oh wait, kinda like a boat name, how about Rio-Tard?

Last edited:
Flyin2low said:
Was the miltary unit using the 'Acey" call sign just recently put out of commission?

Yes. I think it was a Navy A-6 squadron, VA-75 that used to use the Acey call sign. They've been gone for many years now.

The word is that the before mentioned Guard unit disband the FAA came to ASA and asked if they wanted the call sign back. ASA decided to put a "hold" on it.
Now that we fly to 4 different countries and every state in the union, there were a lot of RIF's (Reportable Incident Form) about missed calls and controller errors because of similar sounding callsigns.
That's when they decided to go back to ACEY. And its' a WHOLE lot better then candler! I'm so tired of getting called "candle-air" every time I go into MSP!

Latest resources

Back