Acro Instuction in Florida?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Sonny Crockett

Thinking about doing some Aerobatic Instruction in Central Florida. I will have a late model Pitts S-2B (1996) a Pitts S-2C and Extra 300L. The only holdback right now is Insurance costs, as long as I do not instruct landings in the Pitts it helps a little.

Rates would be as follows:

$250 an hour in the S-2B
$375 in the Extra 300L

All of my instructors will be current IAC Competition pilots, we will do Basic through Unlimited or just fun rides...

Curious as to what the demand is from current pilots looking to get into aerobatics.

Several schools in the area are doing well, so there is a demand. The question is will you be able to make people see more value in your school than others.

Several Aerobatic Schools? In Central Florida?

Where?

Fly Air Orlando have a 8KCAB with excellent acro instructor. There are several others too. I enjoyed flying with Rick Blyseth Alot!

We are looking to gear more to the more Advanced side of aerobatic instruction, and IAC Competition.

Insurance costs are the holdback

Its definitely a tough way to make money. Where are you going to be based? Are you competing (or going) to Keystone in March?

Might do Keystone, but probably Sebring......don't know yet.

I'll see you at one of those then. I'll be one of the safety pilots for an S-2B. Stop by and say hi...

I'm moving to Valdosta, GA between Aug-Dec and I'm interested in a full checkout, upset, basic acro, including landings, etc. That would be a reasonable drive for me. I've always wanted to get an S-2B and I think within a year I'll be financially prepared for one, but I would love to talk more about your school and the Pitts in general. PM me. Thanks.

I think you could do some pretty good business in Sebring....Let me know more details!!!

Latest resources

Back