• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

accident with no violation & employment

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks singlecoil. I wonder if it can be removed from the AIDS database if just the pilot was hurt-no passengers? I was the only one on board. I know violations can be expunged after 5 years, 709 rides after 2 years, and warning letters after 90 days. Let me know if you think or if anyone on here thinks that the accident can be removed. Thanks..

Im wrong.. Suspensions 5 years, revocation forever, letter of correction 2 years. Investigation without violation 90 days(I believe). Really don't know about 709 rides, but I think the FAA said two years, then it can be expunged

File an ASRS form (NASA strip)

As an instrument rated pilot and law student (who is the summer clerk in one of the FAA offices- don't shoot me-they are just doing their job and contrary to the rumour, they do want to help), I recommend highly that you file the ASRS (NASA) strip if you haven't done so already! Helps document the accident further, even though blam has not been assigned in your case. Hope this helps.

A letter of investigation and a warning letter will remain on your "record" for two years after the final date of action (not from the date of incident).

Filing an ASRS form after an accdent does you no good whatsoever. You do not gain any immunity from suspension/revocation in the ASRS program if it is an accident or criminal offense. if you send in a NASA form the nice folks at Mofett field will simply forward your form (with the ID strip) to the NTSB and FAA. If they percieve any possibility of a criminal offense, they will also send it to the FBI.

Concerning expunction, it's not really worth your time. You will still have to answer the accident question truthfully. Failing to do so will make you firing material, even if they find out about it 20 years later. Just keep plugging away. Use it as a learning experience. If you can learn from this and use it to your advantage, then in several years you still have a shot.

Let me know if I can help.

Cheers

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back