Accelerated multi-engine rating

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

PILOTO

hey guys i'm looking for some info about this accelerated courses. anybody has any good or bad experiences? please give me an idea if it will be worth spen d my money there. i was looking at the one at Arlington, texas identifier GKY. $1295 NO TIME LIMIT + EXAMINER FEE $300. They use beech travel air

PILOTO said:
hey guys i'm looking for some info about this accelerated courses. anybody has any good or bad experiences? please give me an idea if it will be worth spen d my money there. i was looking at the one at Arlington, texas identifier GKY. $1295 NO TIME LIMIT + EXAMINER FEE $300. They use beech travel air
If they let you fly it for 100 hrs at that price, give me a call. They may say that there is not time limit, but there is a catch. Do you have to pay for those extra hours? No time limit as long at it's less than 7? No time limit but you only get that tank of gas...

If you fly a couple of times a day you can get a multi rating in no more than 5 days at just about any flight school you choose. Smaller schools are typically cheaper but MX might not be as good, dual in a Duchess where I did mine was $180 an hour.

The price is low but you need to find out how many hours you'll be getting. Usually some of these courses lure people in with low prices and you end up taking a lot longer and paying more.

As far as doing an accelerated course, make sure you are instrument proficient and read up on all of the multiengine book stuff ( POH, aerodynamics, engines, Vmc, etc.) before you start the program.

I did mine at ATP and had all that stuff down before I began my training. In 3 days I flew 10 hours including the checkride for my Commercial ME-IFR rating.

I'd recommend ATP as an alternative. They charge a little more but their program is very good. Its very accelerated but doable if you study the guide they send you before training. The planes are in good shape and the training is well structured.

One other thing, for those of you who are skeptical of ATP, pilots do fail their ME rides at ATP. I've seen it happen a few times while I was down there. One guy didn't even get past the oral.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back